Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 20, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #30,016 of 37,545
16 C DMG.JPG

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #30,017 of 37,545
Shozy Form 1.1 and PW Audio silver cable.
653cffa0e0771d26eed80e9ad1ad4b7b.jpg

Apr 21, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #30,019 of 37,545
Apr 21, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #30,020 of 37,545
Yes Romi is really cool modding shop!! They are patient fast on reply's I dealt everything via Facebook chat but you can call of course if you want. They done my wm1z in 4 days that including testing the device for 30 hours.
I got the full mode Ultimate, pretty much the last batch of the Black Gate caps. Got 18 caps replaced for bg and that around 60% of 1z caps! Wires have been changed to pure occ litz silver, battery wires replaced for pure occ copper litz and battery changed to.

So far everything functions without any issues. Sounds amazing! 1z has a new flavor bg caps are among the best performers and has the least distortion. I still need to run 400 hours to let the dap burn it self properly to reach the recommended functional state.

As for the amp, its really transparent it doesn't add anything honestly, almost feels like it cleans the sound more lol. Like my 1z has very warm sound this amp seems to clean that warmth a little and make it more balanced and a little more natural feel. Its extremely powerful I only use it at 1/4 in low gain. I dont hear any hiss with my iems. The only little thing I am not sure about is the volume knob it only happens in very low volume sector of the rotation like in the beginning and slightly up to the 1/4 region its like tshhh shhhh sound like when you move the volume knob it does that electronic shhhh tshhh effect, I am sorry dont know how you call this :)
I assure you this is not a problem! its very quiet and only hearable probably on iem and when your music playing and turning the knob I dont hear it.
Its very quiet only happens in the 1/4 and bellow region.

I dont find any channel dis-balance it equal left and right all the way to 0 lvl. Very nice amplification clean transparent and pure. I can feel my music being like elevated and equalized the low volume part that is harder to hear is now much louder and very even. Yes I know sounds almost like a dynamic range equaliser but no, its some hw amplifys sound and make it loud and clean and clear !

Honestly this is a steal for only like 600$ usd I got in CAD$ so it was 900. Its very affordable and for what it offers is total crazyness!
Full Class A amp
3000mw ouput
got all the connectors 4.4 / 2.5 balanced and 3.5 unbalanced All in and out for each !! You can input unbalanced to balanced I think I havent tried it...
You can charge via usb C and listen same time!
portable can last around 6 hours I think I havent tried yet.
it has an Led battery status so no worries getting a surprise :)

@jmills8

Apr 21, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #30,021 of 37,545
Yes Romi is really cool modding shop!! They are patient fast on reply's I dealt everything via Facebook chat but you can call of course if you want. They done my wm1z in 4 days that including testing the device for 30 hours.
I got the full mode Ultimate, pretty much the last batch of the Black Gate caps. Got 18 caps replaced for bg and that around 60% of 1z caps! Wires have been changed to pure occ litz silver, battery wires replaced for pure occ copper litz and battery changed to.

So far everything functions without any issues. Sounds amazing! 1z has a new flavor bg caps are among the best performers and has the least distortion. I still need to run 400 hours to let the dap burn it self properly to reach the recommended functional state.

As for the amp, its really transparent it doesn't add anything honestly, almost feels like it cleans the sound more lol. Like my 1z has very warm sound this amp seems to clean that warmth a little and make it more balanced and a little more natural feel. Its extremely powerful I only use it at 1/4 in low gain. I dont hear any hiss with my iems. The only little thing I am not sure about is the volume knob it only happens in very low volume sector of the rotation like in the beginning and slightly up to the 1/4 region its like tshhh shhhh sound like when you move the volume knob it does that electronic shhhh tshhh effect, I am sorry dont know how you call this :)
I assure you this is not a problem! its very quiet and only hearable probably on iem and when your music playing and turning the knob I dont hear it.
Its very quiet only happens in the 1/4 and bellow region.

I dont find any channel dis-balance it equal left and right all the way to 0 lvl. Very nice amplification clean transparent and pure. I can feel my music being like elevated and equalized the low volume part that is harder to hear is now much louder and very even. Yes I know sounds almost like a dynamic range equaliser but no, its some hw amplifys sound and make it loud and clean and clear !

Honestly this is a steal for only like 600$ usd I got in CAD$ so it was 900. Its very affordable and for what it offers is total crazyness!
Full Class A amp
3000mw ouput
got all the connectors 4.4 / 2.5 balanced and 3.5 unbalanced All in and out for each !! You can input unbalanced to balanced I think I havent tried it...
You can charge via usb C and listen same time!
portable can last around 6 hours I think I havent tried yet.
it has an Led battery status so no worries getting a surprise :)

@jmills8
Yeah you can connect it many ways. I never played with the volume knob , I just leave it at 75% power and control the volume from the dap.

Apr 21, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #30,022 of 37,545
Yeah you can connect it many ways. I never played with the volume knob , I just leave it at 75% power and control the volume from the dap.

shouldnt we do the other way? dap to max volume and control it via the amp? by the way the bx2 has absolutely no hiss, my 1z hiss more then bx2 isnt that nuts

Apr 21, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #30,023 of 37,545
shouldnt we do the other way? dap to max volume and control it via the amp? by the way the bx2 has absolutely no hiss, my 1z hiss more then bx2 isnt that nuts
I did what they told me. Also what my ears tells me.

Apr 21, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #30,024 of 37,545
All S-master hisses, but that is a trade off for it unique timbres and efficient that runs on and on with 1 charge, and barely emit any heat. Compromises is everywhere lol

Apr 21, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #30,025 of 37,545
All S-master hisses, but that is a trade off for it unique timbres and efficient that runs on and on with 1 charge, and barely emit any heat. Compromises is everywhere lol

Hmm I guess it depends how high it hiss but damn this bx2 is so stellar dark I am almost affraid to admit this fact, such black background is intense :) 1z now hiss to much for me

Apr 21, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #30,026 of 37,545
B15EBC53-9715-4C57-9F87-93ED43A55C55.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #30,027 of 37,545
Apr 22, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #30,028 of 37,545
I did what they told me. Also what my ears tells me.

Got a curious question for ya, how long does your bx2 amp last on 1 full charge?

Apr 22, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #30,029 of 37,545
So I just tested my Romi BX2 amp and I got 6h24 min on battery from full charge that was a 8 000 mw battery ! Low gain 1/4 + volume set feeding Iems.

Good thing I can charge and listen to it at same time !

Apr 22, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #30,030 of 37,545
So I just tested my Romi BX2 amp and I got 6h24 min on battery from full charge that was a 8 000 mw battery ! Low gain 1/4 + volume set feeding Iems.

Good thing I can charge and listen to it at same time !
Can beat a Walkman that does 24-30 hours on FLAC LOL!! Unless you need to drive full-size

Users who are viewing this thread

Back