Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 11, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #25,756 of 37,579
Then I shall, too!

highlander-there-can-be-only-one-gif-7.gif

May 11, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #25,757 of 37,579
OK, Pinky wins by a cable:beerchug:

May 13, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #25,760 of 37,579

SP1000 -> Beat Audio Silver Sonic MKV -> Empire Ears Zeus-R.

Thanks to @Mimouille for recommending Beat Audio. Out of all the people in this forum. SMH. Anyway, this cable IMO is lovely; functional, and stunningly beautiful silver. It's tangle-free and has a build quality that could shame many others. The Ares II I had has a non-functioning slider, and a loose 2-pin housing. The Beat Audio Silver Sonic cable has a slim tough build that I like, simple splitter/slider, and its pre-shaped ear-bent/heatshrink is perfect for my ears. :) Can't comment on the sound though, as I felt they're the same/not significantly different.

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #25,766 of 37,579
They sound great...at first listen, bass is the overwhelming, only at first. They find their balance, the treble extends well and has a very "real" tone. The mids are very present which you would not appreciate on a quick sampling. When people describe them as V shaped I know they haven't given them time. I never heard Vega but I have heard Andromeda, so I would assume they are between the two. Frankly, I would take the Atlas hands down, with the Andromeda being a good companion. The bass is very good as you could expect from a DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back