1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. PinkyPowers
    It's truly excellent.

2. lwells
    IMG_3879.JPG Alclair RSM quads. Studio 4s on the way :D

howdy, Deftone, ranfan and 1 other person like this.
  3. Podster
    My findings are now confirmed:beerchug:

Yeah @Deftone , I feel it was Apple and the PODS that got this audio on the go going (not saying other DAPS were not being built) but I do believe the Mini and Shuffle ushered in a plethora of players and I still love all of mine hence my moniker! I still love my U2 30GB Classic and use it religiously with Martin's Valve amp:wink:

Tube Rox.JPG

Deftone likes this.
  4. Richsvt
    DQSM D2? Great IEM...wish I'd kept my iPod Classic 160 GB. Was a great unit and easy UI

Deftone likes this.
  5. lwells
    Oddly, the shuffle got me started on my audiophile journey. I was curious why (even with my sony mdr w08's) I felt the shuffle sounded so much better than my iPod classic at the time.

6. willywill
    Future Head-fi member
    [​IMG]

7. Podster
    Indeed the D2002, really like mine but some in my circle did not give them enough time as it was said Chi-Fi iem's were really starting to take off at a higher level and most of my buds were off to the next big thing. After finding the tip & filter combo that pleased me the more I listened the more I loved them and actually wished I'd bought two pair. Once again IMO that 8 core cable stepped their game up as well:wink:

@lwells , I think the Shuffles are a little underrated not having a screen turned a lot of people off and away but having mine now connected to my AP001 BW amp it sounds great with a plethora of iem's I own but my new favorite screen-less DAP/AMP combo beats out my shuffle combo simply because it has such a live analog presence (referring to my Walnut combo):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A Little Blues.JPG

This combo right here is simply dreamy if you are an analog lover at home! The F1 drives the dog out of my Havi B3's but does not lose that sweet analog SS out the V2:smile:

Havi Nutz.JPG

lwells and fiascogarcia like this.
  8. fiascogarcia
    While we're on topic, let's go retro! iPod 5.5 with RockBox and Hifiman RE400. Oldies but goodies.
    IMG_E3962.JPG

SteveOliver and Podster like this.
  9. Whitigir
    Sony current top tier player and pronounced former glory SA5000! Crazy how good 1Z can perform for such a small player
    875980C7-42E6-4AC4-9270-186B625F1A2C.jpeg

10. singleended5863
    I got one iPod modded by Vinnie Rossi. Is it possible to do RockBox on it? Thanks.

11. fiascogarcia
    My recollection is that you can RockBox an iMod.

12. Deftone
    I need to find the unusual 3.5mm charger for my iPod shuffle so I can start using it in my work out rig

13. singleended5863
    Yes please. Sorry my question is not in the right thread. :triportsad:

14. Podster
    ebay/Amazon:wink:

15. cattlethief
    20180302_103749.jpg

Made in Japan and a wonderful sounding DAP.

Montyburns and Dobrescu George like this.