1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Deftone
    Whist I agree a lot of Chi-Fi stuff I’ve heard has been quite impressive it wasn’t anything special.

IMO the really good sounding stuff starts at half way up the ladder not at the first few rungs. After experience I think it’s worth saving and spending your cash on the high tier stuff where all the resolution, technical ability and refinement is.

:beerchug:

2. willywill
    Some Chinese earphone are worth the hype I just stay away from the Chinese market because move to fast
    everyday there a new earphone and every month there a new brand or company trying to make a name
    With the big brand you get to enjoy that headphone model for a few years even more then a decade

Deftone likes this.
  3. mrphoebs
    DSC_9385.jpg

4. Podster
    My apologies @Deftone , I knew the point I was making would get lost in the more for more! My intent was that I paid years ago close to $170 for a 128MB Nomad and and a pair of Shure E2c's and for less than $50 my Urbanfun's and S5 put the other combo to shame at least for my money and ears everything being subjective and all:thinking:

I do agree more gets one more as well as evidenced by this little ditty:wink:

Rosie C3.jpg

Or even more with this one:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Carbonization.JPG

As I've gotten older and spent more on better gear I'm not so sure the ROI is worth the difference in these two options here other than bragging rights of what one has spent and a name, mind you this is just one old farts opinion but I can't help but think there is a large amount of truth in it:smirk:

600 Dollar Boost.JPG

Guess it boils down to what one can justify in ones own mind:relaxed: I mean is a $7500.00 DAP and CIEM that much better sounding than the $600 Opus # 1/ LZ A4 above and how can it really be proven? I do know that 99.9% of the planets population could care less:open_mouth:

5. hung031086
    Budget rig. Very nice sounding.

20180228_104229.jpg

6. stuck limo
    LG.jpg
    new LG V20 + ATH-m40x. Sonarworks True-Fi Beta as the player. Sounds really really good.

ranfan likes this.
  7. Deftone
    It’s funny to look back at the first 5 pages of this thread, everyone owned an iPod classic then. Sometimes I wish I never sold my black 160gb model.

voxie likes this.
  8. fiascogarcia
    I still have my RockBoxed 5.5 iPod, and it still sounds pretty darn good! :ksc75smile: For sentimental reasons, don't have the heart to get rid of it!

Deftone likes this.
  9. meomap
    Still use 30gb, 80gb, 120gb, and I pod touch 1st with ALO RX and CV5 for portable.
    Using DX200 And Sony 1Z as well.

Deftone likes this.
  10. x RELIC x Contributor
    I’d use mine if it wasn’t long dead. Had it plugged in to a dock since new and the battery was capput after 6 months.

11. PinkyPowers
    R1 & Opus1S 01.jpg

Opus#1S>IMR R1

12. Devodonaldson
    20180301_192244.jpg Xperia Z3 (Bitperfect transport) > SMSL IDEA (Sabre 9018Q2C) > JDS Labs C5 > Monolith M300. This relatively inexpensive, yet beautiful warm and detailed combo is awesome. Had thoughts on a Chord Mojo, but doing a comparison, wasn't enoige of a difference to warrant a $200 pay to upgrade, let alone $500+. Dumped my dragonfly red in favor of the battery draining IDEA, but 7-8 hours is plenty of time.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  13. Podster
    Hey Pinky, how are you liking the R1's? I love that combo balanced. Like the HiFi man's 2000's pretty trick topology on the R1's IMO.

PinkyPowers likes this.
  14. Redcarmoose
    DSC_0155.jpg

ezekiel77 likes this.
  15. subguy812
    IMG_20180228_200948.jpg IE800S - Shanling M3S

Shanling, Deftone and SteveOliver like this.