Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #22,937 of 37,596
Loving this nice weather.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #22,941 of 37,596
I didn't know the Trio came in black.

The TRIO will be coming with 3 new colors. Black, PinkGold and YellowGold. Only black is available currently at Fujiya-Avic, while the PinkGold and YellowGold is expected to release in summer 2017 (according to Anakchan). These 3 models are be tuned the same with a new filter implementation which slightly smoothened out the highs compared to the original silver TRIO.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #22,942 of 37,596

The TRIO will be coming with 3 new colors. Black, PinkGold and YellowGold. Only black is available currently at Fujiya-Avic, while the PinkGold and YellowGold is expected to release in summer 2017 (according to Anakchan). These 3 models are be tuned the same with a new filter implementation which slightly smoothened out the highs compared to the original silver TRIO.
Thanks a bunch!

Are these really worth the price soundwise? What would you compare to?

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #22,946 of 37,596
Thanks a bunch!

Are these really worth the price soundwise? What would you compare to?

To be honest, I feel that given the sound presentation and quality of TRIO with its original price of 89,000 yen, it's a great steal. Which might be the reason why kumitate lab decided to raise the new price of the retuned TRIO in black to 164,800 yen. But for people that really like the sound signature they should still find the price reasonable. And mike if you are really interested you can check out Earphone King in Shanghai, I was told that they are the distributor of Kumitate Lab in China though I ain't exactly sure whether do they have the demos.

Personally, I feel that the TRIO lies somewhere between the campfire audio Vega and Andromeda. Though the soundstage isn't as expansive with excellent details separation as the Andromeda, but it has the superior and punchy bass performance of the Vega coupled with the spacious high frequency extension and airness of the Andromeda. In addition to that, the amount of bass is adjustable according to the dial so that it won't be too overpowering in certain tracks.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #22,947 of 37,596
To be honest, I feel that given the sound presentation and quality of TRIO with its original price of 89,000 yen, it's a great steal. Which might be the reason why kumitate lab decided to raise the new price of the retuned TRIO in black to 164,800 yen. But for people that really like the sound signature they should still find the price reasonable. And mike if you are really interested you can check out Earphone King in Shanghai, I was told that they are the distributor of Kumitate Lab in China though I ain't exactly sure whether do they have the demos.

Personally, I feel that the TRIO lies somewhere between the campfire audio Vega and Andromeda. Though the soundstage isn't as expansive with excellent details separation as the Andromeda, but it has the superior and punchy bass performance of the Vega coupled with the spacious high frequency extension and airness of the Andromeda. In addition to that, the amount of bass is adjustable according to the dial so that it won't be too overpowering in certain tracks.
Wow this sounds exactly like what I want...but this new price is pushing it a bit. I know the Earphone King well but he doesn't have them yet, and I seldom go to Shanghai :frowning2:

Feb 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #22,950 of 37,596
Loving this nice weather.

Not that rig is not killer but a pretty sweet album as well Mr. Pinky
beerchug.gif

I'm absolutely loving the balanced gig myself
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back