Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 7, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #22,307 of 37,597
I too prefer IEMs in sound quality over full size cans, after getting the Empire Ears Zeus XR I sold all my full cans.

I went through he400i, there, hd800, bd t1.

Zeus pooped on them all, in imaging clarity, separation and cohesion, the cans offered better Soundstage and a bigger sound, but Zeus just hit the nirvana spot for me

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #22,309 of 37,597
I too prefer IEMs in sound quality over full size cans, after getting the Empire Ears Zeus XR I sold all my full cans.

I went through he400i, there, hd800, bd t1.

Zeus pooped on them all, in imaging clarity, separation and cohesion, the cans offered better Soundstage and a bigger sound, but Zeus just hit the nirvana spot for me

I'm with you, brother. The only full size can I prefer to IEM so far is AQ Nighthawks, and I've tried several upper-tier headphones...

Zeus-R - Oriolus MK2 - S-EM9..

Oh stop, now. You're just out to make me jelly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #22,310 of 37,597
I'm with you, brother. The only full size can I prefer to IEM so far is AQ Nighthawks, and I've tried several upper-tier headphones...

I tried Nighthawk only once a for 2 tracks... Not enough for me to give an opinion, what do you feel they do special? You got me curious

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #22,311 of 37,597

no way, I think you've more than these 
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #22,312 of 37,597
I must just love IEM :wink:

It must be clear by my many posts in this thread that I do so love IEMs. :D

The nature of an in-ear bypasses the outer ear, which greatly changes how we perceive sound. I always find over-ears more natural sounding simply by this virtue. There are plenty of things they can do wrong (same for IEMs) that make them sound less natural/pleasing, but the big drivers emitting sound from outside your heard gives them a good lead over in-ears.

It would be disingenuous of me to say my $1000+ IEMs sound better than my $200 HD6XX. There are things I like more about the U12, but overall it's not a fair fight. IEMs are just working from a handicap, due to their size and in-ear placement. The gap grows worse when you compare against something like the Audeze LCD-2. Any IEM is shamed against The Sound Wall. :D

I will say, the ADEL tech helps the U12 come much closer to full-size cans than anything else I've heard. And of course, 12 great drivers tuned to perfection makes a difference. :wink:

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #22,313 of 37,597
I tried Nighthawk only once a for 2 tracks... Not enough for me to give an opinion, what do you feel they do special? You got me curious

Nighthawks sound very natural to me. It's something you have to experience. I don't think I'd have enjoyed Nighthawks so much early in my headfi journey. I would've passed them by, looking for something more "exciting". But now, I'm more interested in finding gear that sounds more natural / less exaggerated.

no way, I think you've more than these :L3000: :beerchug:

Say what?

giphy.gif

It must be clear by my many posts in this thread that I do so love IEMs. :D

The nature of an in-ear bypasses the outer ear, which greatly changes how we perceive sound. I always find over-ears more natural sounding simply by this virtue. There are plenty of things they can do wrong (same for IEMs) that make them sound less natural/pleasing, but the big drivers emitting sound from outside your heard gives them a good lead over in-ears.

It would be disingenuous of me to say my $1000+ IEMs sound better than my $200 HD6XX. There are things I like more about the U12, but overall it's not a fair fight. IEMs are just working from a handicap, due to their size and in-ear placement. The gap grows worse when you compare against something like the Audeze LCD-2. Any IEM is shamed against The Sound Wall. :D

I will say, the ADEL tech helps the U12 come much closer to full-size cans than anything else I've heard. And of course, 12 great drivers tuned to perfection makes a difference. :wink:

I think there are many, including me, who would disagree with this. I find many IEM more enjoyable than comparably-priced (or even more expensive) full-sized headphones. Heck, I'd rather listen to many sub-$100 IEM than HD800 any day, lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #22,316 of 37,597
iBasso DX200 > Dita Awesome plug in 2.5mm > Prophile 8

Where to buy that cable and how much?
Does it come with MMCX or 2 pin type?

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #22,318 of 37,597
Dx200 using ES9028 chipset, right?!
I wonder how it compare to Opus #2 that uses dual ES9018K2M DAC.

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #22,319 of 37,597
^that dita cable is what all cable is just a work of art. No more swapping cable. 

Plus they should come up with a 4.4 plug!

Where to buy that cable and how much?
Does it come with MMCX or 2 pin type?

They have both models, MMCX or 2-pin. In China it costs a lot...3980 RMB. Look for a Dita distributor in your area. Switches from 3.5 to 2.5.

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #22,320 of 37,597
I will wait for 4.4mm to come out first before i buy a DITA cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back