1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Mimouille
    Well I never like the AK120 to be honest, but this S6 is amazing. Such sound and battery in a very small package. Quite impressive.

2. audionewbi
    if the sound of s6 with the body of ak120, that would be impressive.

3. PinkyPowers
    Spending time with my backup earphone, the IM03.

HeadFi.jpg

4. howdy
    What is this S6 you speak of?

5. lookingforIEMs

Studio6. It's a DAP

6. H20Fidelity Contributor

I don't see the popularity for Aune's players on Head-fi, I see a lot of reviews popping up from tours etc 'trying to gain' traction but nothing concrete on the forums, look at those threads activity or page count comparison to the Fiio, iBasso, AK,  units. Hisound are also struggling from watching its thread, its virtually sinking  and drowning.

7. Mimouille
    Ok, but there are many chinese players that are increasingly popular, such as Lotoo, and their UI sucks. The Alien had no UI, etc. I am not sure there is a trend towards more sexy UI demand.

8. H20Fidelity Contributor

Very true on the Lotoo point.

For the record, I am not against any of these Chinese players, I have owned Hisound, Colorfly, Hifiman I am actually intrigued by their uniqueness and 'audiophile' sound character. Its not a bashing fest for me against them because if the sound is right I will happily own another. Just not sure majority of consumers are leaning for that any longer over more advanced devices. There was a time on the forums/hobby options were limited, almost a 'take what you can get' approach. The point of my original post was how that's changed for the regular consumer and DAP hunter on Head-fi.

[​IMG] 

9. deltronzero

Close enough? =)

SAM_10asdf43.jpg

SAM_1042asdf.jpg

10. NaiveSound
    I like mojo as dac, haven't heard many dacs, but mojo wow's me

11. yacobx
    How do you like it?

12. PinkyPowers

I've had them for nearly a year. The IM03 is one of the very best, to my ears.

13. cleg
    Great look, great sound

1_.jpg

ButtUglyJeff and h1f1add1cted like this.
  14. Bengkia369
    [​IMG]

15. clee290
    A bit of earbud love today.

2u94dOa.jpg

Danneq likes this.