1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. zilch0md
    As crazy as that looks, and as cumbersome as it is, the combination of an ESS9018K2M DAC and the Meier Quickstep is like an Oppo HA-2 on Steroids. That's got my respect as being an extremely accurate, neutral, highly resolving and transparent, yet powerful rig. Basically, any headphone or IEM you use will be about the only thing adding any flavor to the signal. And it will drive an LCD-2 with authority. Nice!

2. h1f1add1cted

Yes this DAC has a very clean powerful output, with two digital filter settings, pretty nice for less than 120 Euro.

Yes this was the reason why I added this DAC between, for my HD800 also a very pleasant combo.

On The And Of 1 likes this.
  3. ChristopherOwen
    FiiO X7 & E18:

DSC_0680.jpg

4. DaejeonCitizen
    20160124_112438_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Sony A25 Walkman and MDR-100AAP with matching Sony promotional headphone stand.

5. cuiter23

Is that the Daejeon woman?

6. DaejeonCitizen

Alas it is not. It's the Korean singer IU who promotes Sony over here. [​IMG]

7. Cotnijoe
    Omg... The stand actually comes with an IU xut out in front of it?

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ service@uniquemelody.org
  8. cj3209

Oh, I get it - LOL....
    :)

9. audioxxx
    The stand is a classic, love it, could always use it as a dart board, as well. Lol.

Go Sony

10. HiFiChris Contributor
    IMG_20151227_144204.jpg

Hisoundfi likes this.
  11. el boricua
    why, but why, put a dac between a smartphone and a headphone amp?

12. zilch0md

The inserted DAC offers much better SQ than the smartphone's internal DAC.

13. PinkyPowers

DACs play a large role in over-all sound quality. Smoothness, detail, PRaT, even soundstage. The DAC you use is as important as any other link in the chain.

Now, for the sake of convenience, I suggest using a DAC/Amp combo when stacking with a smartphone. A triple stack is awkward as hell. :wink:

14. drmrwt
    IMG-20160124-WA0034.jpg

My portablish humble rig. 

BTW what should my next buy be if i have a 500$ budget? Should i upgrade my dac/amp like mojo, or go for a lesser impedance headphone like the hd 25 II or the denon 7000's?

15. NaiveSound

I agree, Chord Mojo is a very good dac as stated in all sources