Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 3, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #15,467 of 37,569

For the most (but not all) part, the Flow easily bests the AK240 from a technical perspective. Soundstage is wider, imaging is deeper, it's able to produce that "bigger sound", etc. But one particular album I've got so far though where the tables are turned - Nicki Parrot's Black Coffee (DSD format in my particular case, don't have the redbook). It seems that with this album the proposed presentation of a basement level small jazz room seemed more matching to the AK240's more smaller soundstage. That actually felt more appropriate (or accurate?) to the intended presentation. But for the rest of the albums I've got the Flow (which is kinda to be expected) does have the upper hand to my ears. I know, it's not fair comparing a dedicated component to a DAP.

Wait for the AK480... 
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #15,469 of 37,569
Pocketable endgame (To me. For now, at least.)

AK120 II > Linum SuperBax (prototype) > Noble K10

Better than DX90+amp or just different but more convenient ?

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #15,471 of 37,569
  Pocketable endgame (To me. For now, at least.)

AK120 II > Linum SuperBax (prototype) > Noble K10

Beautiful stuff. It looks like the SuperBax has less memory than the Bax. This is, to me, the only downside of the Bax compared to Noble's stock cable.

I'd say enjoy your rig, but i'm sure you're already doing just that
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #15,478 of 37,569
Have you auditioned the Ak100ii to the 120 i was thinking of buying the ak100ii.

Sadly no, but a lot of people speak very highly of the AK100II as well!

Beautiful stuff. It looks like the SuperBax has less memory than the Bax. This is, to me, the only downside of the Bax compared to Noble's stock cable.

I'd say enjoy your rig, but i'm sure you're already doing just that
smily_headphones1.gif

The SuperBax feels like paracord. The thickness of a regular (Noble) cable, but no memory, it just "flows"... Soft to the skin as well. I wear glasses and I've used the SuperBax for 8 hours today with zero discomfort. VERY enjoyable though, but merciless with bad recordings when you pair it with the K10. 

That case looks awesome.  Makes me want to get shoes to match.....
cool.gif

Hah - The case looks a lot better in person, and actually feels like hand-stitched Italian leather. Which it is, because... Well, because A&K, I guess.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #15,479 of 37,569
Better than DAP I ever had.

ALO The Island > BTG Midnight > InEar StageDiver 2 small ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back