Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #4,171 of 7,509

Quote:
Nothing new but finally got my hands on a decent camera (well, bloody epic camera to me) and got to mucking around. these are the first genuinely decent photos I've ever taken

Teac HP-100, need a re-cable but i pretty fun set of cans

Pioneer SE-L40s, unfortunately very broken but look good still

Humble Meelec Ht-21. added a foam cover for comfort

Beyerdynamic DT 440

Vsonic GR-07

The portable powerhouse Ipod 5.5 Fiio L9 + E7

And altogether now (plus random items!)

• Those Beyer look so sexy!
  • Love how the E7 sunk a bit onto your bed, making it look so thin XD

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #4,173 of 7,509

Quote:
That's some wonderful photography, Those Teac HP-100, look the bomb!! 
smile_phones.gif

Appreciated :)
Quote:

• Those Beyer look so sexy!
  • Love how the E7 sunk a bit onto your bed, making it look so thin XD

Thanks!
the beyers are so very sexy, including sound. haha the E7 and the ipod are certainly not a thin combination.

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #4,175 of 7,509
I got a Westone Monitor Vault recently.  Its the first hard case for IEMs that I've liked.  I find the rest that I've seen either too large or too small but this one is Goldilocks.  Its not quite perfect though.  The cable on my PFE232 is pretty unruly.  If its not held in place it splays out all over the place.  I decided to fix this issue by adding some elastic straps too hold everything in place.

It holds my IEMs plus some silica gel desiccant just fine.  It makes more room and it's easy to close without having to worry about closing it on the cable.

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #4,176 of 7,509
Nice work, and Great idea!  I think I might look into something like this as well for my TF10.  The case that comes with them is too small and the cables don't like to stay down (especially aftermarket cables).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickronin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I decided to fix this issue by adding some elastic straps too hold everything in place.

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #4,177 of 7,509
Quote:
Nice work, and Great idea!  I think I might look into something like this as well for my TF10.  The case that comes with them is too small and the cables don't like to stay down (especially aftermarket cables).

If anyone else is interested in the idea and doesn't have any idea where to start I might be able to do a tutorial or a guide or something.

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #4,178 of 7,509
Slight change to my portable Rig......

I have just bought a DIY imodded iPod with 120Gb hard drive and new battery, running RockBox software. Mod has been done with Gold and Silver Alloy Cable and Mundor Gold Silver Solder. LOD is Elna Silmic II Capped Gold Silver makeup.

I must say this sounds absolutely amazing with the RSA SR-71 running a combination of FLAC and ALAC files.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #4,180 of 7,509

Quote:

I use a clear plasitc snap case that used to contain 2 babies dummies for my DHC cabled TF10. Works a treat.

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #4,182 of 7,509
5e91eecc-1bc0-3dea.jpg

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #4,185 of 7,509
Those D3s look nice!  It makes me want to hurry up and buy a Sony Walkman Z-1000 series, but I just can't force myself yet.  I want to actually use one (and hold it)... unfortunately not widely available in the states yet.
Quote:
Cowon D3, UE11 with DIY cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back