Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #4,021 of 7,509
Looks great with matching bag and lods.  That is about the same size as a ipod/CLAS/DB2/amp combo though.  Do you carry that around much or just on public transport and at your desk etc?

Quote:

I have my Ampsack set up with a large DIY iMod Vcap dock in the amp pocket, and a Headstage Arrow outside that pocket strapped in with a bit of Velcro so it doesn't slip.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #4,022 of 7,509

Quote:
nice! what interconnect is that?? it looks cool, and takes up less space than mine. how does your e5 sound?

Another "built out of spare parts" job for me... hehe.... It's 3 wires of Mogami W2534 with Neutrik Rean plugs on either end.  As for sound, it's pretty decent.  I'm fairly impressed.  It's my gym rig.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #4,023 of 7,509

Quote:
why not use something like the FiiO L9 or something with a more..close tight fitting fit? some people have Chagrin's with FiiO cables for their top line rigs so why not make a tight fitting cable yourself or something? that..just sticks out

I actually do have the L9 which i alternate with. The problem lies with the volume knob and the Headphone out. an L jack would get in the way of plugging in a headphone. Ive managed to do it, but by bending the L9 more than I'm comfortable with. believe me, I would prefer a lower profile set up too.

@Kremar930, nice Edition 8!

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #4,024 of 7,509

Quote:
I actually do have the L9 which i alternate with. The problem lies with the volume knob and the Headphone out. an L jack would get in the way of plugging in a headphone. Ive managed to do it, but by bending the L9 more than I'm comfortable with. believe me, I would prefer a lower profile set up too.

DIY? I see many with DIY LOD's that fit their setups. and thanks. low profile was the word i was looking for :)

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #4,025 of 7,509
I think this Kudos belongs to Grokit.  I only quoted him.  :)

Quote:

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #4,026 of 7,509
   Quote:
Looks great with matching bag and lods.  That is about the same size as a ipod/CLAS/DB2/amp combo though.  Do you carry that around much or just on public transport and at your desk etc?

It's mostly relegated to long trips at this point, it is a bit bulky but it sounds great
smile_phones.gif

Quote:
I think this Kudos belongs to Grokit.  I only quoted him.  :)

Quote:

Thanks!

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #4,027 of 7,509
Ok, my cable should be here in a day or so... and now that I've been bitten by the bug again, I'm going to build a few more.... with different materials.  For anyone who liked my Blue Mogami TF10 cable, pay for postage and it's yours (USA only). Fair warning though, due to the braiding, it's actually stiffer than stock (but it does sound better).  I would imaging if you pulled the 3.5mm Neutrik end off and unbraided, you should get the flexibility back. Send PM if interested.

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #4,028 of 7,509

Quote:
Ok, my cable should be here in a day or so... and now that I've been bitten by the bug again, I'm going to build a few more.... with different materials.  For anyone who liked my Blue Mogami TF10 cable, pay for postage and it's yours (USA only). Fair warning though, due to the braiding, it's actually stiffer than stock (but it does sound better).  I would imaging if you pulled the 3.5mm Neutrik end off and unbraided, you should get the flexibility back. Send PM if interested.

Nice looking cable to bad I'm in Canada or I'd so jump on that. I'm getting a tri fi 10 shipped in sometime this week.

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #4,029 of 7,509
Cables are gone... thx!

Quote:

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #4,030 of 7,509
Normal Rig: iPod 5G > Fiio L3 > Fiio E5 > Yamaha EPH-100

Gym/Running Rig: iPod Shuffle 2G > SoundMagic PL-30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back