Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #3,872 of 7,509
Figure I'd pop in and share my setup :)

Cowon J3 32gb + Ringke silicone case + Sennheiser IE8 + Sony Hybrid Tips (green stem, medium size?) with Comply Foam under the silicon of each tip, but you guys probably already knew that 
wink.gif
 haha.  I'm kinda particular on the fit of my IEM's (had quite the battle when I had my TripleFi's haha) and I've found the foam underneath the Hybrid Tips seems to work the best for me right now.  Anyway, enough of me blabbering, here are the pics:

Feb 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #3,873 of 7,509
Question: when u use comply underneath silicone tips, do they degrade? And if so, how long it's their life span?

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #3,874 of 7,509

Quote:
Question: when u use comply underneath silicone tips, do they degrade? And if so, how long it's their life span?

I'm not sure, I don't think so.  They should last quite a while since they aren't touching my ear directly.  I had to cut out the inner barrel of the comply foam and the rest of the foam just lays on the barrel of the sony hybrid tip.  With this setup I'm the most happiest so far, but I could see myself switching down the road.  I'm always experimenting haha.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #3,875 of 7,509
That is a very cool idea.  It is hard to find silicon tips that are stiff enough to form just the right seal.  

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #3,877 of 7,509

Hellboy Lod 
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #3,880 of 7,509
what are the capacitors meant to change/do ? Is it really worth it? Doesnt seem too portable... bit awkward in the pocket haha

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #3,884 of 7,509
a bsg cmoy raised suspicion for me in sydney. after i told them what it was i (calmly) let them know i had been there there for 2 weeks and brought 5pair of headphones with me.  google was my friend that day 

Quote:
I can see it now.  The airport interrogation room being filled with head-fiers trying to explain away their suspicious looking portable rigs.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back