Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Sep 10, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #3,211 of 5,950
Both pairs are sennheisers and a lot of people have different pairs for different reasons, I have 3 all for their own purpose. The band on the yellow one's (PMX 80) is around the base of your skull I believe

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #3,212 of 5,950
If I may add my 2 cents. The headband is for running or working out. And to make a corrections those are considered ear buds not In Ear Monitors. IEM's go in the ear canal and have passive noise canceling. The headphones are for quieter environments do to less noise canceling as well as made for comfort.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #3,213 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great pic, but I have a few questions:
Just out of curiosity, why do you have head phones AND iem's? For different environments?
Would the Sennheiser be the one with yellow? Where does the frame fit around your head? Around the back of your neck? You only need one wire to your unit or only one pictured?

Thanks from a Nooby!

Shane D

yes they are for different environments the yellow behind the neck are used with the s9 when I go work out at the gym and the zune with the over the head-headphones are used when Im at home, And they are both Sennheiser models. I only have one wire to both of my players, I like simplicity and portability.

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #3,214 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes they are for different environments the yellow behind the neck are used with the s9 when I go work out at the gym and the zune with the over the head-headphones are used when Im at home, And they are both Sennheiser models. I only have one wire to both of my players, I like simplicity and portability.

You only need one wire or that is your choice?
If you were to compare side by side, would the head phones beat the IEM's?

Thanks for the reply!

Shane D

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #3,215 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You only need one wire or that is your choice?
If you were to compare side by side, would the head phones beat the IEM's?

Thanks for the reply!

Shane D

its my choice because I dont really need all those amps hooked up to one device they both sound good as they are. The HD 218's would beat the pmx 80's on the S9, but on the zune its the exact opposite. On the s9 the HD 218's have a cleaner bass sound then the pmx 80's. On the Zune the HD 218's would win but the zune has a hard time driving them to louder volumes than the PMX 80's. Thats why pmx 80's win when it comes to the Zune.

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #3,216 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaszypoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[IMG.]http://i30.tinypic.com/2e6fq5i.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG.]http://i31.tinypic.com/jh8ndz.jpg[/IMG]

Just my baby D2 and ze Monster Turbines!

Does a lot of dirt/grime get stuck in the "hotrod fins" of the Monster IEMs?

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #3,217 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does a lot of dirt/grime get stuck in the "hotrod fins" of the Monster IEMs?

Nope. Little to no dirt on mine and I've been using them extensively this past week or two.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #3,218 of 5,950
DSCF0171.jpg

Taken with an 8MP camera no less... just a very, very crap one, with a very crap photographer and those players all shut down their screens after about 10 secs which didn't help!

Anyway... D2+ 8GB with 8GB Sandisk card, Sony A729 (£70 brand new shipped to me in the UK through Argos clearance!) and a Sansa clip 8GB. All of them sound GREAT but the D2 just takes the crown there. Fantastic player. I installed an iPhone style theme just because I could. The UI is very weird though, and it's bothering me. I'm trying my damnest to get rid of it and get an iAudio7 instead, more appropriate for me I think.
I have Sennheiser CX500s. I'd rather spend 150 on a new player than on new headphones... go figure.
So very budget (though very expensive stuff when you're a student!!) but I couldn't be happier just this second (except that the D2+ just sits there now as it's too frustrating to use...)

I use Media Monkey + MP3Tags for my media and I only just recently got all 9,000 files (most from my own CDs, I don't download anything) in my library properly tagged + covered etc... very happy now!

At home I plug my computer into my old Sony hi-fi with MD player, sounds decent actually.

Sep 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #3,219 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*snip*

Very nice hardware. One question: looks like a re-cabling job on the KSC-75's there... any tips or tricks I should know if I choose to do that myself (I've got 15 pairs of 'em in the closet, loaded up on 'em the last time Radio Shack cleared 'em out so I'm definitely covered for years to come).
smily_headphones1.gif

But the stock wiring is meh, as most people know. Any suggestions on a decent replacement wiring rig, or did you make that yourself?

Thanks

(hopefully will be adding to this thread on Tuesday with a Zune HD finally...)

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #3,221 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats that, an apple remote in there?

Dude, by now everyone knows that is a FiiO E5 headphone amp, it only looks like an iPod Shuffle.

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #3,223 of 5,950
my workout rig
DSCN0569.jpg

and my "portable" the amp is being replaced by a fiio e5
DSCN0572.jpg

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #3,225 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by colgateam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
portable.jpg

80GB Classic -> Blue Dragon LOD -> iBasso D10 -> DT770 250Ohm w/ Blue Dragon cable

ultra-portable.jpg

8GB Nano -> LOD -> iBasso T4 -> Yuin PK1

wow i did not realize the t4 was that small man. so is it smaller than the nu force icon mobile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back