Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jul 27, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #3,016 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
wink.gif
. I actually love the look and functionality of it. The first gen aint no slick apple device but the "retro and rugged" look of it has grown on me. And I bought this for the love of reading - not for looks. A well thought out device with some weaknesses that don't necessarily outweigh the benefit. It isn't really fair to judge it if you haven't actually used it. I am a serious book reader - and even though I have kindle and stanza on the ipod touch, it's too much of a strain to read for hours seriously on that tiny and bright screen. Having all these books at my fingertips wherever I go has been really really nice and free classics from project gutenberg and amazon have finally given me the chance to expand knowledge of some of the world's most beloved books.

The music player is actually very surprising IMHO. I was expecting it to sound tinny and anemic but actually it's quite beefy haha. Good bass but that could be my headphones. And from what I have found the player is very transparent because I can hear imperfections all over my horrible recordings. If you go to the player expecting little, you will find yourself receiving a lot.

Pangaea - actually I have music loaded on a SD card installed in the device . I have not tried streaming music yet - haha would have to give that a test.

I played some MP3s on my Kindle 2 last night. I was also ready for tinny, crappy sound on my 325i's. I was actually impressed, not bad at all. Nice to have some instrumental background music when I'm reading newspapers or mags. Definitely not a replacement for any of my other stuff, nor would I even attempt to amp it with my Hornet M (or should I...), but a nice option.

Not a replacement for an iPod because you really can't seen the music titles and the navigation is pretty much skip forward one track at a time.

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #3,017 of 5,950
Punisher, My UM3X's are set up the same way....took the inner tube out from a standard Comply Westone foam and stuck the smallest Shure silicone tip on them...perfect fit for me.

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #3,019 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this pic is in the earlier thread but I'll post it again. I still use it almost exactly as it is in this setup. Very good sound and very tiny!

Awesome set up - I had this for a while too and its great for the size.

Dude Punnisher your LODS get better and better. Great job!

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #3,021 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new(ish) mini rig-
IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

Sony S639, iBasso T3 and Ety ER4P's.
This thing is low, sleek and badddd- it's to pocket audio what KITT2000 was to cars- and when i'm listening to it, i'm the HOFF.

how come you have ibasso T3? released already?

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #3,024 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RWA iMod 5.5G
ALO iMod Cable
RSA P-51 Mustang
JH13-Pro IEMs
Hippocase

Did you order a clear-colored Mustang? Looks silver from those photos. Is it, may I ask?

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #3,029 of 5,950
My current ones (couldn't fit my 2 x HD201s in the picture)...

cowond2s9.jpg

Cowon D2 (4 GB) + Cowon S9 (32 GB) + UE SF3 (3+ years old)

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #3,030 of 5,950
img0889.jpg

Rockboxed H332 + extended battery - moved from ipod classic and never looking back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back