Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 19, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #2,386 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm intrested on how you think the (2g) iphone is working out for you.

I have the same, with a DIY dock going into my Mini^3 and i have to say, it sounds very good. especially for a phone.

most head-fi'ers go n about the 3g version, so the "old"gets lost in the discussions.

Intresting
smily_headphones1.gif

It is working out alright actually. It was always really hard to control the volume with iPhone but it is much easier with portable amp. Also, there is less hiss with D2. However, I don't know if it is worth spending so much money on the portable
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #2,387 of 5,950
Im enjoying my new Sleek Audio IEM's for about a week now and I really like them
biggrin.gif
Great sound, very low profile (they're so small
redface.gif
) and they are not being picky about my source at all.

Btw, the IEM's are being all hairy on the second picture (both are clickable), thats, ofcourse, because I let them travel in a cloth bag, not because of hairy ears
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #2,389 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im enjoying my new Sleek Audio IEM's for about a week now and I really like them
biggrin.gif
redface.gif

[IMGhttp://sirnobax.googlepages.com/IMGP5812_sml.JPG[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://sirnobax.googlepages.com/IMGP5823_sml.JPG[/IMG]

Btw, the IEM's are being all hairy on the second picture (both are clickable), thats, ofcourse, because I let them travel in a cloth bag, not because of hairy ears
tongue.gif

Whats with the fake iphone playback screen and cover flow? An app, skin, what?

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #2,390 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats with the fake iphone playback screen and cover flow? An app, skin, what?

Its the OpenGL accelerated version of S2P, the freeware audio player for WM6.
Plays back my music perfect and flipping through coverflow on a 800x480 screen simply looks amazing.
smile.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #2,391 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

those were the days... however I think the worst part with the cassette players was that the audio heads worn out so quickly. After twenty bands the first you recorded sounded like crap.

And the tape sometimes stretches making the music sound like a twisted version of pinky and perky.

Apr 20, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #2,392 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
redface.gif

tongue.gif

Can't agree more about the SA6 not being picky with source.
I use the SA6 with a HTC HD.

Apr 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #2,398 of 5,950
to my ears with the ie8's (the gf also concurs) it cleans up sound substantially when plugged into my macbook and would recommend one wholeheartedly for that setup. connected to the d10 (just got it minutes ago so i am still playing with it) seems to do almost nothing for the sound quality. at volume set to 0 it is dead silent and balanced at very low volumes even without the adapter. it does work well in measuring out the sound output tho so i am not worried about blasting my ears off if i tweak the volume by accedent. i was using pk1's which have an impedance of 75Ω before the senn's so the adapter conveniently lets me keep the volume at 1/3 rotation when switching between headphones. i have it permanently attached to my ie8's since i got it and it is well constructed and sounds great. oh, and btw coming from a practical devices xm4 the d10 is a god box.

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #2,400 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to my ears with the ie8's (the gf also concurs) it cleans up sound substantially when plugged into my macbook and would recommend one wholeheartedly for that setup. connected to the d10 (just got it minutes ago so i am still playing with it) seems to do almost nothing for the sound quality. at volume set to 0 it is dead silent and balanced at very low volumes even without the adapter. it does work well in measuring out the sound output tho so i am not worried about blasting my ears off if i tweak the volume by accedent. i was using pk1's which have an impedance of 75Ω before the senn's so the adapter conveniently lets me keep the volume at 1/3 rotation when switching between headphones. i have it permanently attached to my ie8's since i got it and it is well constructed and sounds great. oh, and btw coming from a practical devices xm4 the d10 is a god box.

So basically if your source is good you do not need it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back