Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 30, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #1,021 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Inspired by SiBurning over a year ago, finally I have my very own bomber rig...

EFNiRiverRig04.jpg

EFNiRiverRig03.jpg

EFNiRiverRig02.jpg

EFNiRiverRig01.jpg

Just pics now.....later when I have the time I will talk more about them.

This is one sweet set-up. I would really like to hear more about the SQ when you get the chance. Why did you choose the MiniBox E+? Just curious.

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #1,022 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHW1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is one sweet set-up. I would really like to hear more about the SQ when you get the chance. Why did you choose the MiniBox E+? Just curious.

Thanks. It took me a very long time and effort to get this rig running. So for now I just want to sit and enjoy it to my heart contents. But rest assured I will talk more about them in the days to come and I plan to do individual reviews on the amp and DAC. The MiniBox-E+ still have another 200 hours to go to meet my 600hours minimum burn-in for judgement. And the DAC itself is full of caps that need burning in and forming as well.

Why MiniBox-E+? well suffice to say I have found the rival for Xin amps that I loved so much. In fact even at this stage the MiniBox-E+ clearly have the upper hand against my SuperMini-IV (latest) in almost all aspect. And I believe the MiniBox-E+ also sounds better than my previous Xin SuperMicro-IV (04/11). Thanks to mrarroyo for suggesting me this amp, which is a real sleeper. Ok nuff words....full review in days ahead LOL

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #1,024 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Far from audiophile quality, but its pretty awesome to be able to stream music from all around the world (including my pc at home) 24/7 with a HSDPA connection.

Xperia.JPG

My Aurvana's are too sensitive though, their 115dB/mW sensitivity is too high to use it in combination with a noisy source like the S.E. X1. (in other words, it hisses)

If you can afford an Xperia I would tend to think that buying nice a IEM/amp/LOD to pair it with won't even be a stretch.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #1,025 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh..that's just the 12V battery powered PCM1793+AD8620 DAC, fed from the H140 through optical feed.
beerchug.gif

nice one; i'll be able to do something similar with an iriver H120 and gamma1 when its finished. where did you get the low pro RA optical

edit: oh and I forgot to say NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #1,026 of 5,950
GreatDane:
Thanks buddy. I just feel the need to scale up to your beautiful black rig
wink_face.gif

qusp:
Yep, I am evry interested to see your project with battery powered Optical Gamma1 DAC. The optical cable is a short pre-made unit from BengalLLC off eBay. And then I plugged them in with Right Angle adapter and Mini Interface. For Optical Cable customisation, go here: U-shape Toslink and MiniPlug short cables. . Cheers.
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #1,027 of 5,950
Haven't logged into head-fi for quite some time. The rigs are still as beautiful as ever! Hmmm... must update my signature.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #1,028 of 5,950
My transportable set up woody MS2000
DSC_1222.jpg

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #1,029 of 5,950
[size=x-large]STOP QUOTING PICTURES[/size]

It takes ****ing forever to load if you're doing anything else and for no reason whatsoever. Do people a tiny favor and break the god damn image tag, alternately I'll just start adding everyone that quotes pictures to my ignore list and get around this stupidity that way. Quoting four ****ing pictures to write one line of text is beyond stupid.

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #1,030 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-small]STOP QUOTING PICTURES[/size]

I agree with you. However, I always forget what picture(s) people are referring to, so I have to go back and search. If possible, add a link to the picture in the reply, that way everyone wins

(credit goes to krmathis, as seen here)

Dec 31, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #1,031 of 5,950
^ Yeah, I prefer to edit the quote to show links to the picture instead of embedding it.
That way others can still easily see which picture I comment on..

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #1,033 of 5,950
Quote:

It takes ****ing forever to load if you're doing anything else and for no reason whatsoever. Do people a tiny favor and break the god damn image tag, alternately I'll just start adding everyone that quotes pictures to my ignore list and get around this stupidity that way. Quoting four ****ing pictures to write one line of text is beyond stupid.

That guy only has 6 posts, he probably doesn't know very much about forum etiquette, no need to scream at him.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #1,034 of 5,950
[/I][/B] Quote:

Well now.......I'm REALLY sorry for your inconvience. I should have known that it's your opinion that really matters on this site!

You know you could show some respect and ASK NICE!

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #1,035 of 5,950
This plea has been repeated over and over again, it's not just Captain that's annoyed by these redundant repeating images that make threads really tiring to follow.

It's common netiquette, I guess, but seems not everybody's been hanging around forums for that long...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back