Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Apr 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #916 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I Like That! What A Family!

Badly Focussed Sorry
frown.gif

I am not great at photography, just have a good eye for a good picture, just haven't learnt how to execute it yet! More Practice!! Even Worse At Pics Of Objects!

Matt

Nice rig you've got there! Just curious, did the BNC connectors on your Livewires come in that original black color, or was that some custom work on your part?

Apr 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #917 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you for the picture!
how did you bend the headband?

I took them in my hands and pressed them together, ^^ ... cautiously ...

I then sat them on my head and took a look whether the headband fit the head or not, then i bent them again and so on ...

regards

Apr 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #918 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by skridsko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice rig you've got there! Just curious, did the BNC connectors on your Livewires come in that original black color, or was that some custom work on your part?

Thanks. Sure Sounds It!

The connectors come gold, however Earpeace can paint them black if you so request it on the order form. They don't do a great job to be honest, but they look better in person.

I was gonna get gold ones and spray them properly myself, however i knew i would never get round to it, but use them lots, and wanted black.

When i get some time i will do it properly, and repost.

FYI, this thread may be interesting for you. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...02/index3.html The red ones on this page is what i plan to make mine look like. Great workmanship which i hope i can follow.

Matt

Apr 13, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #921 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Sure Sounds It!

The connectors come gold, however Earpeace can paint them black if you so request it on the order form. They don't do a great job to be honest, but they look better in person.

I was gonna get gold ones and spray them properly myself, however i knew i would never get round to it, but use them lots, and wanted black.

When i get some time i will do it properly, and repost.

FYI, this thread may be interesting for you. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...02/index3.html The red ones on this page is what i plan to make mine look like. Great workmanship which i hope i can follow.

Matt

Cool! Thanks for the info, sure will come in useful when it's time for me to get a pair!
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #922 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are Belkin "Remix Metal" cases. Belkin : Remix Metal for iPod classic
At first I was worried that they wouldn't accomodate the ALO dock connectors, but they fit like a dream, and look the part also
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish they had the same type of remix metal for the nano as the classic. I like the shapes.

Apr 13, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #923 of 1,011
Anyone with a G5 Ipod or iPhone paired up with shure SE530 give me feedback on hiss? Also, feedback on sound quality without amped? Im addicted to the picture of the new Pico + DAC. Its so sexy. I dont want to spend another $300/$500
Im getting my 530PTHs in two days.
So excited. Should i leave it unamped?

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #926 of 1,011
Quote:

REALLY portable rig: Apple Lossless ->3g 8gb iPod Nano ->ALO Cryo Dock ->RSA Tomahawk ->Westone UM2

IMG_0892.jpg

What's the clickwheel protection on that case like? I have a hard acrylic case from Belkin that has plastic over the clickwheel with a neat bubble button thing over the centre button, and I can't quite tell if that has the same sort of thing. If it did, I'd probably be sold on it.

Also, what's the screen protection like? Looks like there's hard plastic that's flush with the metal part, but I'd like to make sure.

Nice rig by the way. It's like a slightly larger version of my own.

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #927 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish they had the same type of remix metal for the nano as the classic. I like the shapes.

Well then good news for you Filipelli, they both have the hexagon pattern. I got mine at Best Buy, I'm not sure why it's not on display on the website.

IMG_0902.jpg

Monolith, the click wheel protection has the same plastic wheel with the bubble over the centre button as most Belkin cases, and the screen protector is indeed flush with the metal part. Great little case.

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #928 of 1,011
Quote:

Monolith, the click wheel protection has the same plastic wheel with the bubble over the centre button as most Belkin cases, and the screen protector is indeed flush with the metal part. Great little case.

Fantastic. That may replace the acrylic one then.

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #930 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice rigs, but 6 posts in the previous 7.
rolleyes.gif

Next time just edit the post.

Point taken azn, it's not shameless post count but still learning picture posting and should have realized I could just keep editing the same post
eek.gif

What a JEEP
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back