Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Jun 20, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #422 of 940
Just got my new toys in today. They may be the "fake" eBay ones, but they sure do sound nice

img03388jr.jpg

Jun 22, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #424 of 940
Portable:

portable.jpg

Being 1gb shuffle (mp3s @ 320) and UM2s....

Not So Portable:

not-so-portable.jpg

DVD player bag stuffed with
1. previously mentioned shuffle / um2
2. Nintendo DS lite for me
3. DVD player
4. Bose noise cancelling FOR HER
5. bluetooth GPS & PDA for the car
6. 12-DVD case full of movies

Soft-bag full of power cords & other stuff for the suitcase! Black and grey stripped thingy is neat mini-camera tripod that can be mounted to door knobs, hand-rails, whatever.

And not a blackberry or laptop in sight, as this is my VACATION package....which will get put to use in 12 hours, yaaaahhhoooo!

Jun 24, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #425 of 940
I just got my new 5G iPod 60gb.. what happened was that I won a car stereo in a raffle at my high school graduation party that was worth $350. I couldn't use the stereo since I wasn't going to have a car in college anyways, so I talked to the event organizers and got a receipt. I originally wanted just cash to put into my bank account, but Tweeter apparently only gives store credit on returns so I just bought an iPod.. so here it is!!

Stuff pictured is the iPod, MuVo TX FM 512mb, MX400's, ER-6i, iMP-400, and PortaPro2's. Not pictured is my KSC-75's, which are dying on me and need to be sent in to Koss. I wasn't terribly excited about the iPod but I'm liking it now, even though I wish I could have just gotten cash anyways. I suppose I could sell it but I'm too lazy, and the packaging is already opened.

Jun 24, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #427 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
I am liking your DAP case--where did you get it? It's not like the stock one that came with my H140.

That's the stock case with the flap folded back.

Jun 24, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #428 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191
How would you rate the SQ?

Is that question directed at me? I'm really liking the SQ of the iPod. I used to have a 4G and it sounded pretty bad with ER-6i's. They were great with opera and jazz and classical, but awful with rock because there simply wasn't any bass so it came out tinny and unenjoyable. I had to use an amp to remedy it, which was annoying and bulky. The 5G's HP out is really superior to the 4G and has solid bass even with the low-impedance ER-6i's. Plus I love the look of the Etys and the iPod. The MuVo sounds really good, especially considering its size. It's not quite as detailed as the iPod but still very enjoyable and balanced. I usually use it with the KSC-75 when working out. The iMP-400 sounds beautiful but a bit congested with the Etys, probably because of its warm sound.

Jun 24, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #429 of 940
Mine is very simple. I think it's perfect though because I can connect it to the TV with my A/V cable. The ex-81's are good too.
Picture_008.jpg

Jun 25, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #434 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
You're already lugging an amp along what's another tiny bit of plastic?

Especially to improve on the worst iPod ever mad, SQ-wise.

Jun 25, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #435 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
You're already lugging an amp along what's another tiny bit of plastic?

Well, I wouldn't call the dock a tiny piece of plastic, especially compared to the iPod Mini... But a TurboDock (or whatever they are called) would be an option, definetly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back