Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Jun 1, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #363 of 940
I finally have a controbution! [Bad pics, but they were taken with a cell phone]

2Gb Nano with RockBox -> PA2V2 -> Westone UM1's

Image000.jpg

Image001.jpg

Jun 2, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #364 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25
I finally have a controbution! [Bad pics, but they were taken with a cell phone]

2Gb Nano with RockBox -> PA2V2 -> Westone UM1's

Image000.jpg

Image001.jpg

You may want to consider a line-out connection.

Jun 2, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #365 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli

True, but it's still pretty hot as is. I'm waiting and hoping that earphonesolutions rolls a discount around onto the UM1 so I can afford one.

Jun 2, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #367 of 940
Holy crap, that is gorgeous! My ideal portable source/cable/amp. Dare I ask how it sounds?
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:03 AM Post #368 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Rymer
Holy crap, that is gorgeous! My ideal portable source/cable/amp. Dare I ask how it sounds?
biggrin.gif

Thanks Geoff!! The sound is beyond anything I have ever expected in a portable rig and it just seems to be getting better everyday (but I know the big initial burn-in is over) . I kept upgrading each piece until I had what I wanted but as you can probably tell, the Koss is the weakest link now. The Koss do sound unbelievable but the depth of bass in some songs (upright string bass) just about tear those Koss drivers apart (I am a firm believer in quality of bass not quantity of bass!).
very_evil_smiley.gif

Tony

Jun 2, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #369 of 940
60 Gb Ipod Photo w/Redwine Imod
Ruberized polycarbonate case
SR-71 Amp
Ety 4 P's
RnB Diamond Tiny Reference

porta.jpg

Jun 2, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #370 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli

In the planning. When I get the money up, middle of next week, I hope to go for a Bling-Bling interconnect with a right angle mini plug.
eek.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #371 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
True, but it's still pretty hot as is. I'm waiting and hoping that earphonesolutions rolls a discount around onto the UM1 so I can afford one.

I really enjoyed my UM1s before I got my Pa2V2; however, now that I have it I dont plan on listining to them anyother way. un amped I prefured them to the Shure's I listened to, amped there is no compitition.

Jun 2, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #372 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by HIFI_fiend
Guess I'll participate in this thread too!!!
icon10.gif

60Gb iPod Photo w/ Red Wine Audio iMod (iSnug zipper case)
LaRocco Audio PocketReference II
RnB Audio White Diamond Interconnect
Koss KFC75

Rig.jpg

That is a killer set-up! Will you be considering a pair of custom IEMs in the future? What about the E500 or Shure TripleX? That would definitely top off your portable set-up and make it one of the very best in the world.

Jun 2, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #374 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
That is a killer set-up! Will you be considering a pair of custom IEMs in the future? What about the E500 or Shure TripleX? That would definitely top off your portable set-up and make it one of the very best in the world.

I am not sure about custom IEMs. I just sold my Shure E5c a few days ago and had the E500 on preorder but cancelled that order. I love IEMs but prefer the wider soundstage of more open headphones. I may re-order the E500s once I see where their pricing structure lands. I've seen as much as $100 difference just in pre-order pricing!
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #375 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by memoriesaflame
HIFI_fiend, i thought the pocketrefII only had those dual rca outs
confused.gif

someone explaine, im such a noob
tongue.gif

LOL... the PRII has RCAs on the back as well as a mini plug on the back. I was using my Zu Pivot mini to RCA (from iPod to PRII) for the longest time. I saw the RnB White Diamond for sale in the cable forum and jumped it!!! Now I'm mini to mini (from iPod to PRII). I did not think the RnB cable would make such a significance difference but the clarity and detail jumped a HUGE amount!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back