Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Oct 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #1,981 of 3,551

Quote:
Stax 009's and a HeadAmp BHSE ... I'd definitely call that setup spiffy! 
wink.gif
  Have fun with the new toys, you'll have to let us know how it sounds and maybe offer some comparisons to your speaker setup.

i do plan on doing just that (offer comparisons to my speaker setup that is).

btw, since you live in Seattle you would be most welcome to come over and compare the 009/BHSE to my speakers yourself if you have an interest. the only problem is that i have no idea when the BHSE will be delivered to me.

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #1,982 of 3,551
Quote:
i do plan on doing just that (offer comparisons to my speaker setup that is).

btw, since you live in Seattle you would be most welcome to come over and compare the 009/BHSE to my speakers yourself if you have an interest. the only problem is that i have no idea when the BHSE will be delivered to me.

Thanks for the generous offer, I would love to take you up on that some day!

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #1,985 of 3,551

Quote:
After the last year's almost non-stop rainfall and cloud cover ... I'll trade you places!  I'm water-logged! 
frown.gif

as you can see from my Moniker, i'm a rain lover. bring it on; music listening and rain are made for each other. i live in the mountains near Seattle and get twice the rain of Seattle.

as far as Texas; i have many audio friends there and that would be the attraction. i've been to DFW, Houston and San Antonio (River Walk is awesome!).....i do hear Austin is very nice when it's not on fire. great music scene there....my Studer A820 RTR deck came from a studio in Austin.

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #1,986 of 3,551
After the last year's almost non-stop rainfall and cloud cover ... I'll trade you places!  I'm water-logged! 
frown.gif

I love rain and cloudy days. As said...music and rain go together. To give you both an idea of how much NOT rain we'vr had here...it's illegal to smoke at all outside in surrounding counties.

I like cold and wet weather, not hot and dry. I'd gladly trade! Plus...you guys have 32 Ohm up there.

as you can see from my Moniker, i'm a rain lover. bring it on; music listening and rain are made for each other. i live in the mountains near Seattle and get twice the rain of Seattle.

as far as Texas; i have many audio friends there and that would be the attraction. i've been to DFW, Houston and San Antonio (River Walk is awesome!).....i do hear Austin is very nice when it's not on fire. great music scene there....my Studer A820 RTR deck came from a studio in Austin.

That's the one thing I'd miss. The music scene down here is amazing. Wish I'd gotten to take in more shows as of late...

EDIT: Most of my family lives in San Antonio so I get there a lot, too. River Walk is great, but if you ever make it to NIOSA one year you should. It's awesome. The fam runs a food booth every year. So fun.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #1,988 of 3,551
Here's my high end system of sorts. Living in a dorm room has pretty severely limited me on size. The Omens are a lot of speaker for a room of this variety, but I'm still happy with the sound. Very lively, very big - tons a fun. Perhaps not hifi, but such a blast to listen to that I have a hard time being concerned. There's lots that I'd love to improve, but at 17 I have plenty of time! A great start to lifetime of hifi. 

The system:
Zu Omen + Beyerdynamic DT880
Miniwatt N3
Rega RP1 w/fono mini
MF V-Dac
Chord Cables/Markertek headphone extension

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #1,989 of 3,551
Quote:
Here's my high end system of sorts. Living in a dorm room has pretty severely limited me on size. The Omens are a lot of speaker for a room of this variety, but I'm still happy with the sound. Very lively, very big - tons a fun. Perhaps not hifi, but such a blast to listen to that I have a hard time being concerned. There's lots that I'd love to improve, but at 17 I have plenty of time! A great start to lifetime of hifi. 

The system:
Miniwatt N3
Rega RP1 w/fono mini
MF V-Dac

Great "dorm" setup i must say.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #1,990 of 3,551

Quote:

The system:
Miniwatt N3
Rega RP1 w/fono mini
MF V-Dac

Very nice! Does your roommate approve? 
biggrin.gif
 We got a noise complaint our first week with our audio setup (Onkyo Fusion S-39 + Cambridge BassCube 80), fortunately the RA thought it was so awesome that he didn't bother writing us up.

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,991 of 3,551

Quote:

I love snow more than any type of weather. I just love sitting by the fire, listening to music with a nice cup of hot chocolate watching the snowfall. I live in western New York so we get a lot of it.
biggrin.gif
 Sorry to be off topic, now back to the pictures !

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #1,992 of 3,551
I love kicking back with some music and watching the rain myself, I've never tried snow since it hasn't ever snowed since I started enjoying music.

Quote:
I love snow more than any type of weather. I just love sitting by the fire, listening to music with a nice cup of hot chocolate watching the snowfall. I live in western New York so we get a lot of it.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #1,993 of 3,551

Quote:
Very nice! Does your roommate approve? 
biggrin.gif
 We got a noise complaint our first week with our audio setup (Onkyo Fusion S-39 + Cambridge BassCube 80), fortunately the RA thought it was so awesome that he didn't bother writing us up.

No roommate fortunately. I'm a junior (high school, that is) so was able to get a single. I have a music/stereo obsessed floor with no RA, so noise is never an issue. There are some set ups of similar levels. B&W, PS Audio and Rotel all have pretty good showings. Lots of vinyl too, so sharing is tons of fun. Pretty good high school hifi experience. 

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Snow and music do go so well together. I'm from Texas but go to school in New Hampshire, so am well acquainted with the two. Hot chocolate and Wilco are perhaps among my favorite combinations on earth...

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #1,994 of 3,551
Another Texas Head-fier! They do exist! The art on the wall gave you away before I even read your location. :D

EDIT: If we ever get rain here again I'll be watching it with my headphones on...Please rain...

Quote:
         No roommate fortunately. I'm a junior (high school, that is) so was able to get a single. I have a music/stereo obsessed floor with no RA, so noise is never an issue. There are some set ups of similar levels. B&W, PS Audio and Rotel all have pretty good showings. Lots of vinyl too, so sharing is tons of fun. Pretty good high school hifi experience. 

Quote:
Snow and music do go so well together. I'm from Texas but go to school in New Hampshire, so am well acquainted with the two. Hot chocolate and Wilco are perhaps among my favorite combinations on earth...

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #1,995 of 3,551

Quote:
biggrin.gif

we get lots of rain, but as you can see, also snow here in the mountains. and i love to listen when i can see it snowing. my preference is for a wee bit of single malt scotch when it starts to snow. perfect for listening to Jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back