Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Apr 11, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #3,526 of 3,551
Re stand, normally I dont use it, but my wife likes it; typically it is in a box. Yes it slightly stretches the band. Attached a foto from above w srm 727a and the sr757A693FD-ABFF-4268-B230-EE845D735FF4.jpeg
Nice family photos! No wonder you're "allowed" these lovely toys! :wink:

Apr 13, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #3,527 of 3,551
3B0B81EE-5D87-42D3-8F62-AE97C651DE67.jpeg

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #3,528 of 3,551
Apr 13, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,529 of 3,551
@DaddyWhale I use the Sr-007 SN 71XXX. Sonically it's been a great combo but I actually have the BHSE and Stax listed for sale right now. I play PC games significantly more than I listen to music, and the BHSE heats up my little office dramatically. My PC has a hard time keeping my overclocked components under control in the room so I'm going to a more thermal friendly solid state amp. I just bought a moon 430HA off another member and I'm going to try that with the LCD-4 and see how I like that. I've been dealing with the heat for years because I like the sound so much but it's time to make some changes. I figured I'd pop up a picture before I let everything go.

As a side note I found a lot of people in the PC subforum saying that components above a certain price were a waste on games. I couldn't disagree more, sound engineering in modern games is incredible and I find myself "wowed" by game hifi far more often than music.

May 31, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #3,530 of 3,551
My modest system. Two of my favorite headphones I own are the Verite Closed Backs (not shown) and the Focal Utopias. I am using a HeadAmp GS-X Mini connected with Kimber Kable Silver Streak balanced XLRs to the Chord Hugo TT2 and M-Scalar. When the system is cold the Silver Streak is a bit too much to listen to. After a half hour, it sounds great. I also have an all copper Kimber Kable Hero that is a little relaxed. Really love the sound of the Hero. The power is conditioned with a telecommunications and medical grade certified industrial SanUps. Amp noise is dropped to pure black for sensitive IEMs and headphones.

A48FD72B-90E5-4C80-A942-AD5864B0C208.jpeg

Industrial/Scientific grade power source with off-line backup power for 5 minutes.
1B9F88DA-44EB-4355-8C18-59EEF52D707E.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #3,531 of 3,551
Waiting to be restored to it's former glory. This for me, was one of the sweetest sounds when I got it in the1980s. This Classic 30 came with the KT88s.
It is still regarded as the best of the Classic series. It was made for only three years.

B5EBCD90-C20E-45C7-AA97-5B4875D68271.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #3,532 of 3,551
My modest system. Two of my favorite headphones I own are the Verite Closed Backs (not shown) and the Focal Utopias. I am using a HeadAmp GS-X Mini connected with Kimber Kable Silver Streak balanced XLRs to the Chord Hugo TT2 and M-Scalar. When the system is cold the Silver Streak is a bit too much to listen to. I also have an all copper Kimber Kable Hero that is a little relaxed. Really love the sound of the Hero. The power is conditioned with a telecommunications and medical grade certified industrial SanUps. Amp noise is dropped to pure black for sensitive IEMs and headphones.

I've never heard of sanups but am intrigued. Have you ever had the chance to compare it to anything else? Furman, ps audio, Torus, etc? Shunyata is also primarily a medical equipment provider.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #3,533 of 3,551
I've never heard of sanups but am intrigued. Have you ever had the chance to compare it to anything else? Furman, ps audio, Torus, etc?
No I have not really compared to others. The Sanups is a completely different class of UPS originally designed for industrial use.
It is used in most of the hospitals in Southern California for their imaging systems and sensitive lab equipment.
I didn't want to deal with all the placebo effects of power filters where I didn't know if it really was doing anything. Sanups are
certified for industrial use and I found out about them because they are used in telecomm PBX rooms. The A11H is I believe
the smallest offered and with one battery pack, it is only a thousand. I ordered mine without any network cards.
The only downside is the fan stays on all the time, but with headphones or IEMs, there is no way you can hear the fan except
when no music is playing with completely open back headphones. It's a quite fan. Since I live in a condo, there is just
so much garbage electricity from hair dryers to washing machines, etc. The clean power immediately made my amps quite.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #3,534 of 3,551
https://www.sanyodenki.com/america/

It may not matter what kind of electrical purification system you use. For my situation, since there are so many residence in one building, there is a lot of stress on the electrical grid. As a result the power is occasionally lower voltage and current than is optimal for my power amps or there is mechanical noise in the circuit from A/C or hairdryers that I can hear the consequences of. 10 years ago I was wondering why my system always sounded much better in early mornings dead cold or after mid night. Then I figured it out, as more and more residents went to sleep and turned off their appliances, my system's silent music passages became quieter, and the mid range became sweeter and more in phase. The music became more dynamic as well.

The conclusion I came to is that the power was too weak and too dirty during the day-time that my amps were sounding anemic. Slightly dull or lifeless compared to the night before. I did some research into a solution and determined that I needed a power delivery system that gave me constant peak voltage and current and would filter out line noise. Basically, I needed a UPS system that delivered the dead constant performance. There is a considerable difference in musical performance with any amp. It doesn't help some devices that have high capacitance, but for some of my amps that can't build up the capacitance faster than I draw the current playing music due to lower than designed electrical current, the UPS makes a considerable difference.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #3,535 of 3,551
962CE9DE-20F5-4A3C-BF16-2FE62A193DBC.jpeg

Jun 9, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #3,536 of 3,551
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #3,538 of 3,551

Users who are viewing this thread

Back