Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Nov 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #3,138 of 3,551
That's one hell of a first post! :eek:

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #3,139 of 3,551
Quote:
My first post on head-fi :) Be gentle!

Here's my bedroom audiophile workstation setup :)

Components:

Jamo Concert 8 / D830 @ 3.3 ohms Reference bookshelf speakers. Seas Excel drivers with copper phase plug heatsinks
Cambridge Audio Azur 840a Dual mono stereo integrated amplifier
Bogdan Audio Goldy Interconnects with Eichmann bullet terminations, very low capacitance. 
THX collaborated speaker cables
Zalman HD135s Full ATX Computer enclosure with 6 low noise ventilation fans 
AMD Phenom 2 x4 965be | 4 gb ram | Radeon HD5850 | Asus Xonar STX | Razer Abyssus mouse | Reclusa Keyboard | Samsung B2230 TN panel (got it dirt cheap new otherwise would have gotten IPS) Monitor
Soundfoundations.in Custom Stands
APC 600W UPS

View from desk :)

Great setup Corelement! Welcome to Head-Fi...Love the Jamo's and the Cambridge 840!

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #3,140 of 3,551
Quote:
Nice view (and setup). What city is that?

I'm in Gurgaon, outskirts of New Delhi, India :)

Quote:
Reminds me of Bangalore.

Yep, only everything in bangalore is squished in compact :p

Quote:
That's one hell of a first post!
eek.gif

Thanks! you're not so bad yourself! Maggies! I've always wanted to hear the, but noone around here has one. And can't audition them either. How do you find the low and lower med freqs on those maggies?
Quote:

Great setup Corelement! Welcome to Head-Fi...Love the Jamo's and the Cambridge 840!

Thank you :p  I posted the same pics in some of the other photo threads around the forum, hopefully mods wont mind. I look forward to contributing to head-fi =)

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #3,141 of 3,551
Thanks! you're not so bad yourself! Maggies! I've always wanted to hear the, but noone around here has one. And can't audition them either. How do you find the low and lower med freqs on those maggies?

I was actually surprised by how much bass they put out from my (relatively) low-powered receiver. The midrange is very smooth, but I sometimes find myself wanting more presence. It can sometimes sound airy and distant. Of course, the layout of my living room is not exactly optimal.

All in all, I am mostly happy with the sound. I have a feeling this small shortcoming could be fixed with a more powerful amplifier and room treatments.

Edit: If I had to compare them to headphones, I would say they have the sound signature of the Sennheiser HD600 with the soundstage and imaging of the AKG K701.

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #3,142 of 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinharding

Upgraded my amplifier, now using a Motiograph MA 7505 that has been converted for 300B use.

Looks very cool ,
how many watts RMS do you have for your tube power amp ?

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #3,143 of 3,551
I'll post a picture of my new arrangement with the Cantana I have on loan soon but I wanted to say that come tax season I'll be joining the speaker-fi ranks of this thread once again. I actually got my girlfriend to agree to chip in on a pair of Zus as long as they're finished in purple. 

Anyone have a low wattage tube amp recommendation to push them?

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #3,144 of 3,551
Decware. Several good choices from 2 - 25 watts. Stereo or dual mono.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #3,145 of 3,551
Only company I'm really considering right now, actually. Looking at the Mini Torii. I posted about them in the thread I made about the topic as well. I'd get the light wood and send it to Zu to get done in the matching purple. :wink:

Quote:
Decware. Several good choices from 2 - 25 watts. Stereo or dual mono.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #3,146 of 3,551

Rearranged to fit the TV since I got the Xbox. Yes, that LP is what's on the TT. No more TV for my roomies. But I hate them, so it's okay.

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #3,149 of 3,551
Cantata > Cambridge OR... Ya got some comparisons coming?

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #3,150 of 3,551
http://www.head-fi.org/t/584339/review-resolution-audio-cantata-music-center-dac-cd-player/75#post_8911331

In short, easily better.

My new standard for digital front ends. I just got word I'll get another week with it, so I can listen more. I want one though.

Quote:
Cantata > Cambridge OR... Ya got some comparisons coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back