Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Feb 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #6,151 of 10,930

Quote:
If you don't need hardware acceleration on them you can just add as many of these as you want.  We use them at our office to give everyone 3 monitors since messing around with multiple graphics cards or getting a single one that can run 3 monitors is a pain in the ass to support.

Whoa, no way!  Man, technology sure can be great!
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #6,152 of 10,930
I have 2.25 TB on mine currently. Thats the max you can get in most current configurations. Some smaller venders with custom chasis can take on 4 drives, but those are usually quite pricey.

I get by with 2 tb of storage. I have my 12 TB raid array at home and can swap out stuff when need be.

Most of the newer high end laptops have that capability. For instance my DV7T has a mini HDMI, HDMI and a VGA.

You're talking about high-end.

My PC is about $600, which is absolutely fine since I don't game anyway. Most of what I paid on my PC rig (excluding audio) are the peripherals.

If not high-end I agree that laptops are quite useful, but I find desktops simply better. Especially considering price-performance ratio.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #6,153 of 10,930

My current PC rig. I ran the Graham Slee Solo with a pair of Sennheiser 650s for a long time, until the band on the 650s just snapped in half. Replaced them with the Denon D7000s. I'm current feeding the Graham Slee from a HRT Music Streamer 2 DAC. 

This rig will go into the office once I finish my second rig which will consist of Audeze LCD-2s fed by a Schiit Lyr amp and Bifrost DAC. LCD-2s and the Lyr are on the way but I'll have to see about the DAC. I may wait a couple of months till the next time I am in the US so I can avoid having to ship it to Finland.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #6,155 of 10,930

Quote:

My current PC rig. I ran the Graham Slee Solo with a pair of Sennheiser 650s for a long time, until the band on the 650s just snapped in half. Replaced them with the Denon D7000s. I'm current feeding the Graham Slee from a HRT Music Streamer 2 DAC. 

This rig will go into the office once I finish my second rig which will consist of Audeze LCD-2s fed by a Schiit Lyr amp and Bifrost DAC. LCD-2s and the Lyr are on the way but I'll have to see about the DAC. I may wait a couple of months till the next time I am in the US so I can avoid having to ship it to Finland.

Love this set up!

I am actually thinking of purchasing the Solo with DT880 (600) and pairing with HRT.  Just want to audition the Novo to see what is the difference.  You must like the sound eh?

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #6,157 of 10,930

Head: MacBook Pro (2011) --> Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 --> Shure SRH 840
Room:        "                      -->                "                  -->  Technics SU-700 Amp --> Dali Concept 2 Speakers

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #6,158 of 10,930

Quote:

What is that amp? and how do you like it with the D7000?

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #6,160 of 10,930
Hi all !
My current PC rig. The table is cleaned less then an hour ago :)
PC tower and server is out of sight because I moved them to another room (kitchen actually). After several years of making my PC as silent as possible I understood that much simplier just move the noise source away.

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #6,161 of 10,930

Quote:
Hi all !
PC tower and server is out of sight because I moved them to another room (kitchen actually). After several years of making my PC as silent as possible I understood that much simplier just move the noise source away.

How did you manage that? Are you running cables through a wall or something?

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #6,165 of 10,930
What keyboard is that?

Quote:
Hi all !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back