Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jun 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #4,261 of 10,930

Quote:
All hands to battlestations!

Lol, I swear I had the same exact desk when my dad bought our first computer in the early 90's!!! It had a little shelved area up top too but we ended up taking that off.  Does that desk come with the stickers that look like wood and hide the screws too? Hahaha that's amazing, I thought I'd never see that thing again. 

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #4,262 of 10,930
Just got my Adam speaker stands. Damn! They sound sooo much better. The mid-bass bloat that I was talking earlier about is completely gone. The bass is super tight and hard hitting. They genuinely sound like completely different speakers.

To everyone who hasn't got proper speaker stands,  just go get a pair.......NOW!!  Easily the most dramatic change in sound on my setup since getting my LCD-2. The best 30 quid spent on audio gear.

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #4,263 of 10,930

Quote:
Just got my Adam speaker stands. Damn! They sound sooo much better. The mid-bass bloat that I was talking earlier about is completely gone. The bass is super tight and hard hitting. They genuinely sound like completely different speakers.

To everyone who hasn't got proper speaker stands,  just go get a pair.......NOW!!  Easily the most dramatic change in sound on my setup since getting my LCD-2. The best 30 quid spent on audio gear.

do you have auralex pads also? or you just put the monitors on the stands and that's it?

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #4,264 of 10,930
Just got them on stands. Pretty certain that adding the auralex pads with further improve the sound.

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #4,266 of 10,930

Quote:
Just got them on stands. Pretty certain that adding the auralex pads with further improve the sound.

Cool, the stands won't pass as much sound into the desk, and obviously once they're raised up there's less reflection off the desk, which looking at my Focal's filter is in the 160HZ region. Mopads might not be needed. Typically monitors are on/above the mixing desk rather than on stands, hence the use of Mopads and Recoil Stabilizers. Worth trying though!

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #4,267 of 10,930
I guess the mopads will have to wait a month or two. Lol, at this rate, I'm going to have a divorce at hand soon
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #4,269 of 10,930

Quote:

Finally broke and went to Best Buy. Had the stands on clearance for $40. Tightened up the bass too so Im pretty happy.

You need to get them up high!  Tweeter near ear level.  I had those speakers, and they were damn bloated if the tweeters weren't near my ears...

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #4,271 of 10,930

Quote:
You need to get them up high!  Tweeter near ear level.  I had those speakers, and they were damn bloated if the tweeters weren't near my ears...

Damn, I know nothing about speakers. I think Ive been listening to headphones too long because to me they sounded fine. Good thing my chair has adjustable height. 
tongue.gif

Edit: Ill probably get some mopads in the future to angle them towards my ears.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #4,272 of 10,930

Quote:
Damn, I know nothing about speakers. I think Ive been listening to headphones too long because to me they sounded fine. Good thing my chair has adjustable height. 
tongue.gif

HAHA!  If you can't get them up high, at least angle them up so that the tweeters are aimed at your head.  AV40s?  or AV30's?

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #4,273 of 10,930

Quote:
HAHA!  If you can't get them up high, at least angle them up so that the tweeters are aimed at your head.  AV40s?  or AV30's?

Definitely thinking about buying mopads or audioengine ds1. Theyre AV40s....any DIY or temporary methods for angling speakers up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back