Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Nov 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #2,703 of 10,930

Quote:
Nice set up Graz. Well done mate. Hope it brings you a lot of fun and enjoyment.

So far, so good (knock on wood)...haven't had a single problem with any of them, and it's been over a year since I bought them... 

I must say though that having four 28" monitors 2 feet from your face can be a bit overwhelming at first...I really had to crank the brightness down quite a bit.  But once acclimated, anything else feels quite small...one definitely gets spoiled.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #2,704 of 10,930
Not really computer related, but... I live in downtown Shanghai.  The view out the balcony window (to the left of my desk) at night looks like this:

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #2,705 of 10,930
thats cool in shanghai but id be more impressed from some chinese places and palaces.  as for the 4 28" monitors, yeah id imagine thats pretty huge.  i used my vizio 32" lcd tv as a monitor once and i couldnt stand it so i sold it.  even with the brightness down, the mouse just seemed to take a year to get anywhere and it hurt my eyes.  resolution was horrible, but thats because it was an lcd tv not a computer monitor.  but i couldnt imagine 4 28" monitors.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #2,706 of 10,930

Quote:
Not really computer related, but... I live in downtown Shanghai.  The view out the balcony window (to the left of my desk) at night looks like this:

Wow that view is amazing.  I hope I my future apartment has a view half that breathtaking.

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #2,708 of 10,930

Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/256063/post-your-photography-here-2-new-dial-up-800x600-friendly

wink.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #2,709 of 10,930

Quote:

Pull down screens are really quite cheap, you could easily have one in your main room and have a portable one for outside (or make DIY ones for little money!)

BTW, love the Marantz, they don't make them like that anymore.. and the casing looks very nicely done.
wink_face.gif

I may look into the pull down screen that you mentioned.  I was always concerned with how it would work with the vaulted ceiling.  

Thanks, I love the case and would never sell it.  Unfortunately, he no longer does any wood working...partially my fault for getting him into photography. 

A couple of my headphone systems (I will have to get a pic of the one in the living room) run off of an iPad (tablet computer) or laptop.  The iPad is fairly flexible as a server or remote.  I can run Plex and stream my iTunes catalog, play the lossless that I have stored on it, use it to stream from the web (Pandora, Pocket Tunes, etc..) or use it as a remote to control iTunes/Airfoil for streaming via an Airport Express that I also have in this setup. 

The Dac_1 also feeds a Denon AVR3300 (I no longer have the Pinnacle stacked speakers in this setup)..  I run 4 NHT SB2s and an NHT Center channel with a small sub:

Next to the chair in the shot above, I have a Super T-amp hooked to a pair of vintage headphones.  It is being fed the output of the Little Dot MKIII:

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #2,710 of 10,930

Quote:
I may look into the pull down screen that you mentioned.  I was always concerned with how it would work with the vaulted ceiling.

Mine is attached to a vaulted ceiling, it works fine that way as the screen housing is made to hang from hooks.

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #2,711 of 10,930
Tiger, how does your HD650 sound with the little dot?
smily_headphones1.gif
I was considering jumping into the $800 range for an amp but the MK III seems like a good amp to get me started and experience the whole "work my way up the chain" thing rather than start halfway up already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back