Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #9,483 of 10,930
Took shots of my computer setup.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #9,485 of 10,930
I don't remember how much i paid for mine but it does it job very well.

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #9,486 of 10,930
  My biggest thing is my complete and total disregard for cable management. Generally the lights are off and all you can see is the TV or the Computer monitor, so I've been lazy with cables. 

You are not the only one that disregards cable management. I usually invest a couple of hours on major rebuilds but it inevitably gets destroyed over time.

I love your speakers. You build them yourself or ?

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #9,487 of 10,930

You are not the only one that disregards cable management. I usually invest a couple of hours on major rebuilds but it inevitably gets destroyed over time.

I love your speakers. You build them yourself or ?

They're the "Buggtussel Amygdala."  It's really hard to find info on them these days, but they apparently retailed for around $4k in the early 2000s and they do sound neat. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #9,488 of 10,930

They're the "Buggtussel Amygdala."  It's really hard to find info on them these days, but they apparently retailed for around $4k in the early 2000s and they do sound neat. 

They are absolutely gorgeous. I see a aviatrix DIY project in my future, but probably not until July or August. Not even close to the beauty of yours. Grats!

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #9,490 of 10,930
Xdfjdkz I really like the setup, but have three questions:

What KEF speakers are those and how do you like them?

And what did you replace the Valhalla with?  I can't see the new ones name.  Also in the same vein did you have the Valhalla 1 or 2?

Quote:

Here's the semi current status of mine, Valhalla 2 is gone as of today.

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #9,492 of 10,930
  They are the KEF Q100s, I enjoy them quite a bit but I only really use them for non-serious listening while doing work at home or while relaxing on the couch out of the frame.

I replaced the Val 2 with an Audiolab M-DAC and it is the perfect one box solution for me thus far.

I thought that was what they were, I have been looking at a pair of those in Rosewood or Walnut for a while.  When you say you only use them for non-serious listening do you think they aren't up to the chops or just that you aren't using them at a professional level?

That is a nice looking piece of kit, it always seems every time I come on this site I need more gear, but can't stop coming haha.  How does it do with the what look to be Senn HD800s?  I currently have HD650s and might be getting a pair of Audeze soon so trying to find a setup that won't need to be replaced too quickly.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions!

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #9,493 of 10,930
  I thought that was what they were, I have been looking at a pair of those in Rosewood or Walnut for a while.  When you say you only use them for non-serious listening do you think they aren't up to the chops or just that you aren't using them at a professional level?

That is a nice looking piece of kit, it always seems every time I come on this site I need more gear, but can't stop coming haha.  How does it do with the what look to be Senn HD800s?  I currently have HD650s and might be getting a pair of Audeze soon so trying to find a setup that won't need to be replaced too quickly.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions!

I think they are perfectly capable speakers, my set up just doesn't allow me to properly set them up as a serious listening station. A set in Walnut would be LOVELY.

The M-DAC pairs very well with the HD700s, 

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #9,495 of 10,930
  That makes sense and ah couldn't tell if they were 700 or 800s.  What are you using to amp the KEFs?

I'm using a NAD304 integrated amp, it sounds nice but it is in desperate need of service. I'm on the fence about actually getting it done because it definitely needs the output relay replaced and likely needs the caps to be replaced. I may just replace it with an M-PWR or wait and get a set of 8200MBs to be able to push some serious power later on down the line. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back