Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by noremedy, Jan 5, 2009.
First

Back
681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690
692 693
Next

Last
  1. Hyp0xia
    Aside from the fact that they're plugged into the second set of RCA outs on a Schiit Gungnir Multibit, they're not exactly audiophile material, but I like them. I'm mostly a headphone guy, but the Miccas are fine when I need a short break from headphones. They're pretty small, so that's the main reason I went with the Miccas. There's also a powered version of them, the PB42X. For the money, both of them, powered or passive, beat just about anything you'll pick up off an endcap at your local electronics retailer. You just have to have realistic expectations.

Left Channel and Oscar-HiFi like this.
  2. Oscar-HiFi
    Yeah I understand :) They would also be for when I want a break from headphones, and the size looks perfect for a desktop solution. Thanks

3. Letmebefrank
    I also use the Micca MB42X, powered by a SMSL SA-50, for when I don't feel like wearing headphones at my desk. They sound great for the price & size. I also have a Dayton sub-800 for the low-end, and for < $250 it's a great sounding setup.

Hyp0xia, Left Channel and Oscar-HiFi like this.
  4. Left Channel
    I have the latest (Mk III) and they are an amazing value. I love their clarity, but they do need a subwoofer.
    speaker-stand.jpg

Letmebefrank likes this.
  5. Hyp0xia
    I don't even use mine with a subwoofer. If you're listening to a lot of music on them or watching action movies, then I would probably agree, but I typically save any serious listening for my headphones and watch movies on my home theater setup. The MB42Xs mostly play YouTube videos and some non-competitive gaming, so I think the need for a subwoofer depends on use case. No speakers built into your monitor will ever come anywhere close to the MB42X, so they serve their purpose with or without a subwoofer, I think.

Left Channel likes this.
  6. Letmebefrank
    I spent a decent amount of time tweaking the crossover and volume on the sub to mesh with the Miccas. The bass isn't any louder than with just the Miccas, it just goes much lower.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  7. Left Channel
    Agreed, the Micca MB42X speakers are great for news, talk, and YouTube in ways that many music speakers are not, while still performing well with music too. A subwoofer enriches the sound, but they don't need much from it. I mostly use headphones too, of course. That's why I'm hear. I mean, here.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Letmebefrank likes this.
  8. davidland
    cute!

9. Trihexagonal
    Here's a shot of my FreeBSD powered Thinkpad X61 with 4:3 screen ratio that serves solely as the music source to my vintage stereo:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  10. Mellowship
    My rig. Not quite high end as most posted here, just a humble budget solution, with the FiiO x3ii as DAC, my DIY amp and the ATH-M50.
    IMG_20171220_235715.jpg

11. Dawnrazor
    [​IMG]

Trihexagonal likes this.
  12. stuck limo
    Fantastic! I love Uriah Heep!

Trihexagonal likes this.
  13. PlanBSTI
    [​IMG]

Currently Bravura X-Fi> Lepy 2020a > Pioneer sp-bs22-lr

Picking Fulla 2 soon hopefully.

Fulla 2 > Lepy > SP-BS22

Entry setup nothing special.

Letmebefrank likes this.
  14. Letmebefrank
    I like it, simple and functional. Really like the Porsche wallpaper too.

15. MooTaters
    Image broken for anyone else?

Rhino73 likes this.
First

Back
681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690
692 693
Next

Last