Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Dec 4, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #10,156 of 10,930
Mine was a budget build just to get me started. I didn't want to spend any more than about $500, which I succeeded in. I tell you though, NZXT makes a beautiful case :laughing: My first ever build, I'm happy with the way it turned out!

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #10,157 of 10,930
Mine was a budget build just to get me started. I didn't want to spend any more than about $500, which I succeeded in. I tell you though, NZXT makes a beautiful case :laughing: My first ever build, I'm happy with the way it turned out!

Nice... Yeah I like NZXT my case has been a H630 for nearly 4yrs now..  It is a very nice case.. NZXT was also super to deal with... I had a mishap and the side panel of my H630 was damaged..  I contacted NZXT trying to buy a new side panel and they just sent me one for free (they didn't have stock..at the time it took awhile.. but still... super cool of them to give me a replacement for free.. it really (and I told them straight up) wasn't a warranty prob..I damaged the side panel..but still they gave me it for free.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #10,158 of 10,930
Nice... Yeah I like NZXT my case has been a H630 for nearly 4yrs now..  It is a very nice case.. NZXT was also super to deal with... I had a mishap and the side panel of my H630 was damaged..  I contacted NZXT trying to buy a new side panel and they just sent me one for free (they didn't have stock..at the time it took awhile.. but still... super cool of them to give me a replacement for free.. it really (and I told them straight up) wasn't a warranty prob..I damaged the side panel..but still they gave me it for free.

I wish they would fix their Hue+ :\ It worked amazingly when I first got it, then after a system restore it stopped working. The Cam software in particular stopped working. It refused to download the Hue plugin over several legacy versions (which NZXT doesn't offer, I had to dig to find them), resets, reinstalls, updates, etc... nothing worked. And upon checking their website, dozens and dozens and DOZENS of people with the same problem. No answer, no solution, no help. I wish their software division was as good as their PC case division.

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #10,159 of 10,930
  Nice, I would move all those boomboxes though. I am kinda fond on my legspace :D

It might not be obvious from the perspective of where the photo was taken but the table is positioned quite a bit forward and the sub is pushed back so that there is still adequate legroom for me.

The positioning of the sub is like that because it is where I get the most even room bass response from my listening position.

lol.. yeah... I'd have kicked the woofers out by now... I'm 6'2" can't have anything in the way of my legs under my desk.

My SVS sub has a heavy steel grill in front so inadvertently kicking in the woofer is not likely to happen, rather you might break your toes instead. lol

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #10,160 of 10,930

Nice setup, I have the same TA-N77 power amp, and love that thing so I bought two to bridge them, the only thing I against them is the binding post, pain the rear for cabling . Do you still have the preamp of this series? I never like the pre. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #10,161 of 10,930
Here's my setup =)

Asus PG287Q, 4k, 60Hz
Asus PG279Q, 1440p, 165Hz
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260

i7, 5930K, @4,25GHz
G.Skill DDR4, 3000MHz, 8x4GB
MSI GTX1080 Gaming X

Chord Mojo
Hifiman He-1000

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #10,162 of 10,930

Nice setup, I have the same TA-N77 power amp, and love that thing so I bought two to bridge them, the only thing I against them is the binding post, pain the rear for cabling . Do you still have the preamp of this series? I never like the pre. 

yeah I have the matching TA-E77ESD...  I like it well enough.. I also honestly like that I have the stack of matching gear also... sometimes I just use my FiiO E09K as the preamp for the TA-N77ES however.

The amp is just amazing.. ..the binding posts are indeed a pain to deal with.    I have had to changed the meter lamps TWICE... didn't work when I bought it replaced them then they burnt out again on the left side at least 2~yrs later.. replaced them again... I now generally leave the lamps off.. which kind bums me out because I like the meters... don't know what idiot at sony decided to put the lamps in series.. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #10,163 of 10,930

yeah I have the matching TA-E77ESD...  I like it well enough.. I also honestly like that I have the stack of matching gear also... sometimes I just use my FiiO E09K as the preamp for the TA-N77ES however.

The amp is just amazing.. ..the binding posts are indeed a pain to deal with.    I have had to changed the meter lamps TWICE... didn't work when I bought it replaced them then they burnt out again on the left side at least 2~yrs later.. replaced them again... I now generally leave the lamps off.. which kind bums me out because I like the meters... don't know what idiot at sony decided to put the lamps in series.. 

I think you can get away using TA-E77 without a preamp, there is level adjustment in the front, but be careful to turn it all the way down to start. I almost blow my ears out when I did that. They are known to burn those lights out, but so far I am very lucky...knock on the wood! I think someone on ebay selling LED kit for the amp, but not 100% sure.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #10,164 of 10,930

I think you can get away using TA-E77 without a preamp, there is level adjustment in the front, but be careful to turn it all the way down to start. I almost blow my ears out when I did that. They are known to burn those lights out, but so far I am very lucky...knock on the wood! I think someone on ebay selling LED kit for the amp, but not 100% sure.

yeah.. first time got the kit... 2nd time just bought the bulk right spec's bulbs for somewhat less for more bulbs... it isn't really the end of the world but you have to desolder the old bulbs and solder the new one's back in...   I've kinda decided to save the lamps for when I'm showing the amp to people or when I'm really in the mood for the meters / lamps..  because I don't want to mess with it again for awhile..

so today I hooked a coax cable up to the coax expansion bracket I made for my computer.. super easy... and right now I'm running that to the TA-E77ESD w/ Digital Direct on... FANTASTIC.. this preamp is pretty nice if you use coax dig inputs .. (imho).

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #10,167 of 10,930
  I tried the aeron before and I did not like it, but the embody looks so much cooler, ergonomic and comfortable. Why don't I have it yet? I'm only $1200 short.... akg k1000 vs pc upgrades vs embody..... Why are all my hobbies so expensive

It does look cool, but the back of the one I tried out is so extremely thin(width wise).  Not that it wasn't comfortable, I just think it would have bugged me.  Plus imagine that price tag after you pick whatever options you do...though I guess it has fewer options compared to the Aeron, which it seems pick just the right options and you're looking at a similar top end price.  Not sure if you saw it either, but if you are ever in the market for a HM chair, I heard they only do sales on them about 2 times out of the year. I ordered my Aeron about a week ago maybe with 15% off

Anyways to each their own, I do still think the embody is a beautiful chair.  I am curious though, what didn't you like about the Aeron?  The "remaster" definitely improved things, like the 100 or so turns you have to make to fully change the tilt resistance.  I really chose it for function over form, I don't think it looks horrible, but it's not quite the art piece that the embody is either.

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #10,169 of 10,930

Users who are viewing this thread

Back