Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jan 25, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #9,946 of 10,927

Updated pics of my current setup.

Picked up some Isoacoustics stands for the LS50's and my SVS sub. Before they were just sitting on some Auralex foam pads.

Nice setup! where in Vancouver are you located? I would love to get a mini meet or at least a small get together before i move.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #9,947 of 10,927
Well, these pictures turned out worse than I anticipated, but you get the jist. Apologies also for the few visible cables >.> My setup is slowly reaching critical mass! Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 450 speakers < Rotel RB-951 power amp < Schiit Sys preamp (Fostex 50RP mod < Grommes HA-600 < Emotiva Mini X) < Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. Eventually I'd like to get a sub (maybe a Goldenear 8"), and a Bifrost Multibit perhaps! I need to augment the sparse acoustic treatment, however.
Anyway, here you are, the audio/video content creation, server,  and gaming machine:

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #9,949 of 10,927
These are some sweet setups on here.
Rearranged my setup recently, need to clean up the wires below soon. The wires are definitely more function then form atm.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/B4zMnQ

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #9,950 of 10,927
Indeed, those wires and my OCD would give me sleepless nights! 
wink.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #9,951 of 10,927

Here's my current "computer" system. It's a Toshiba laptop running iTunes, with Airport Express sending 16/44.1 to Sony TA-E9000ES pre/pro. As depicted, I'm listening to iTunes Radio, Christmas music.

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #9,952 of 10,927

Really nice setup.

Now I'm really convinced to replace my MoPads with IsoAcoustics stands for my LS50.

I'm going to place my order now. I hope they sound as good as they look.

The IsoAcoustics are great. I got the "Aperta" stands... they have more of a thinner profile and a design that is a bit more pleasant on the eyes. The regular ones are good too, just more of a industrial design.

Regular ones are a lot more adjustable though if you need them to be taller since they come with the large tubes. Aperta only comes with the small size tubes, so you can only adjust the angle pretty much.

Nice setup! where in Vancouver are you located? I would love to get a mini meet or at least a small get together before i move.

I'm actually living in Abbotsford now, so not too far away from Vancity.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #9,954 of 10,927
It's a un46f7100af 3d model (discontinued), and unless your on movie mode it's micro diming imo is brutal and I never use it. It mostly sees xbmc use. If you got any more questions ask away and I'll try to answer them.

Sent from my N3 with multisystem

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #9,956 of 10,927
  this earbud cost me one buck.

That poor case is crying for some cable management, nice rig though.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #9,958 of 10,927
Lol that airflow

I used to think this same way, but Linus Tech Tips just did a video showing that you have to block basically 99% of the airflow to even make a difference. They crammed a t-shirt and a santa hat and a bunch of other stuff into a case and the temps didnt even go up until they started blocking fans with boxes. If you have a vessel subscription you can watch it here, otherwise you can see it on youtube in 2 days.

However, I believe in cable management for ease of access and organization, if not for purely aesthetic reasons.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #9,959 of 10,927
I used to think this same way, but Linus Tech Tips just did a video showing that you have to block basically 99% of the airflow to even make a difference. They crammed a t-shirt and a santa hat and a bunch of other stuff into a case and the temps didnt even go up until they started blocking fans with boxes. If you have a vessel subscription you can watch it here, otherwise you can see it on youtube in 2 days.

However, I believe in cable management for ease of access and organization, if not for purely aesthetic reasons.

Kinda makes sense seeing as many pc overheated the other day and inside the case is very clean

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #9,960 of 10,927

Yeah the type of pressure your creating in the space is more important for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back