Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Nov 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #7,622 of 10,951
Quote:
LOL don't need to beg! 
 
um, what would you like to know? Want me to post a review on the forum somewhere?
 
Yeah the case is pretty good, the 5850's about the biggest video card it can fit. It's not a bad performer so I have no complaints. The best part is I picked up a new piece for just 40$ off ebay. New it was 300usd!

LOL just a figure of speech. How is in terms of sound, specifically? I've been looking for loudspeakers myself, and have considered brands like B&W, Wharfedale, KEF, and even PSB, but never really read into Jamo loudspeakers.
 
destroysall.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #7,623 of 10,951
Honestly, I would say avoid Jamo like the plague except the following models below
 
Pre klipsch takeover era 
Concert 8 / D830 bookshelf  <- 3000$ priceband originally but pops up on ebay for 500$ sometimes
Concert 11 / D870 floorstander
D7 LCR THX sealed home theatre speakers
 
Post klipsch takeover
Concert 803 bookshelf
Concert 809 floorstander
R909 open baffle floorstander
 
As far as B&W bookshelves, other than the 805 series, I suggest not looking at any other bookshelf from them.
 
My greatest complaint about Wharfedale is their lack of transparency in cheaper bookshelves and over-complexity in more expensive bookshelves such as their jade series.
 
Kef Q300, XQ20 and Ref 201/2 bookshelves are good.
 
PSB I have not heard so I cannot comment.
 
You also have the option of looking at Usher BE-718.
 
Monitor Audio GX100 is also good.
 
Paradigm Studio 20
 
Harbeth bookshelves around 2500-3000 
 
Dynaudio contour and confidence
 
Yamaha Ns-1000
 
Quad 11L
 
Quad 12L
 
Sonus Faber Concertino
 
Sonus Faber Concerto
you can consider all of the above, all excellent bookshelf speakers. What exactly is your budget though? I can help you decide and stuff through chat if you have facebook or msn or skype.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #7,625 of 10,951
Quote:
you can consider all of the above, all excellent bookshelf speakers. What exactly is your budget though? I can help you decide and stuff through chat if you have facebook or msn or skype.

I initially wanted to start at around $500-$1000 for loudspeakers. I preferred floor standers more though.
 
destroysall.
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #7,626 of 10,951
Quote:
Honestly, I would say avoid Jamo like the plague except the following models below
 
Pre klipsch takeover era 
Concert 8 / D830 bookshelf  <- 3000$ priceband originally but pops up on ebay for 500$ sometimes
Concert 11 / D870 floorstander
D7 LCR THX sealed home theatre speakers
 
Post klipsch takeover
Concert 803 bookshelf
Concert 809 floorstander
R909 open baffle floorstander

I agree with that and would add Totem Dreamcatchers to the list
 
Dec 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #7,627 of 10,951
A Good bookshelf is better than an average floorstander. The only thing you'd miss is the additional bass. 
 
That being said, I think I've just found a great deal you should consider. 
 
http://www.amazon.com/2-Way-Speaker-System-Theater-Apple/dp/B00409OZTY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
 
Only 550 usd damn, I remember when these were 1400.
 
This is the lower model of the pre klipsch era d830 bookshelves, the d430. It uses high quality vifa dual ring radiator tweeter and a wood fibre cone. The tweeter can go up to 40,000hz (most others do 20000) which most are not aware of. 4ohm with phase plugs. 
 
Should give you quite neutral and nice sound, not to mention they're a unique danish design which one does not see very often. This was made in Denmark like my d830s, the present generation is made in china like almost all other speakers today. Don't expect a lot of bass though, if you're a basshead then bookshelves wont do, or you'll have to include a subwoofer. 
 
 

 
 
The concert 803 on the other hand probably wont have as good high range extension but the 803's low freq extension and excursion is as good as a floorstander. You wont believe the sounds coming from a bookshelf speaker
 
http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-C803-Stereo-Surround-Speakers/dp/B0010HFLHY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354390931&sr=8-5&keywords=jamo+concert
 
 
 
 

I agree with that and would add Totem Dreamcatchers to the list
 


Aha I had forgotten about those,
 
I also forgot to mention ProAC EPOS and ATC but im not familiar with speakers and what price brackets their speakers are. So maybe someone else can fill in. 
 
Hmm I think this is derailing this thread. Maybe destroysall should make a thread and we can all suggest :)
 
Dec 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #7,628 of 10,951
Quote:
A Good bookshelf is better than an average floorstander. The only thing you'd miss is the additional bass. 
 
That being said, I think I've just found a great deal you should consider. 
 
http://www.amazon.com/2-Way-Speaker-System-Theater-Apple/dp/B00409OZTY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
 
Only 550 usd damn, I remember when these were 1400.
 
This is the lower model of the pre klipsch era d830 bookshelves, the d430. It uses high quality vifa dual ring radiator tweeter and a wood fibre cone. The tweeter can go up to 40,000hz (most others do 20000) which most are not aware of. 4ohm with phase plugs. 
 
Should give you quite neutral and nice sound, not to mention they're a unique danish design which one does not see very often. This was made in Denmark like my d830s, the present generation is made in china like almost all other speakers today. Don't expect a lot of bass though, if you're a basshead then bookshelves wont do, or you'll have to include a subwoofer. 
 
The concert 803 on the other hand probably wont have as good high range extension but the 803's low freq extension and excursion is as good as a floorstander. You wont believe the sounds coming from a bookshelf speaker
 
http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-C803-Stereo-Surround-Speakers/dp/B0010HFLHY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354390931&sr=8-5&keywords=jamo+concert
 
Aha I had forgotten about those,
 
I also forgot to mention ProAC EPOS and ATC but im not familiar with speakers and what price brackets their speakers are. So maybe someone else can fill in. 
 
Hmm I think this is derailing this thread. Maybe destroysall should make a thread and we can all suggest :)

Does the D430's dynamic range (based upon the tweeter) make the loudspeaker pair bright in sound? I did hear some of the current Klipsch models and they were almost sibilant to me.
 
ProAC are actually very nice speakers, but they crave a decent amount of space from the wall to really "work their magic". On a side note, I shall post a thread. 
 
Destroysall.
 
Dec 7, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #7,632 of 10,951
Quote:
 
Pictures like this one make me want to get back to tower building.

 
With the modern mid to full size towers providing cable organization help, it really is a lot of fun.  I just built a new computer for myself a couple of months ago when my old one died, and there were many thoughtful holes and spaces in my Corsair 550D case to have a tidier computer without all the cables all over the place like I used to leave them. 
 
Dec 7, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #7,633 of 10,951

 
Nubert nuPro A-10 speaker - DSP - digital Crossover - active - 12cm driver/19mm tweeter - 52 - 22000hZ - build in USB DAC - bass/highs/mids adjusments
Objective DAC
FiiO E17
Phonak PFE232
Sennheiser PX100II not it the picture
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top