Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #346 of 3,060
On the deck with the Koss Tony Bennett Signature Edition TBSE1's. Playing from the Colorfly C3 through the FiiO E11 is none other than the "Screaming Englishman"... Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy is actually quite good on the TBSE1.

A picture with the Nite-Ize case for this thread before it leaves Friday on a Wagon Train west! Oregon Ho!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #347 of 3,060
Quote:
On the deck with the Koss Tony Bennett Signature Edition TBSE1's. Playing from the Colorfly C3 through the FiiO E11 is none other than the "Screaming Englishman"... Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy is actually quite good on the TBSE1.

A picture with the Nite-Ize case for this thread before it leaves Friday on a Wagon Train west! Oregon Ho!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

So you like the Tony Bennetts? That amazing deal you got on them seemed to be a rare Canada-only deal (and you guys up north usually get the shaft on prices).....I checked the websites for the local stores and found nothing. 
smile.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #348 of 3,060
Quote:

So you like the Tony Bennetts? That amazing deal you got on them seemed to be a rare Canada-only deal (and you guys up north usually get the shaft on prices).....I checked the websites for the local stores and found nothing. 
smile.gif

The TBSE's were being blown out up here, your cheap deal is at Tuesday Morning's for $49 not a good as $29 but still better than when these came out, and yeah we do get the shaft on gear more often than not. The TBSE's were not even listed on Staples site here either, I had to phone to check stock and price.

The Mid centric sound is not really my preference, but I do like them with some vocal genres, I tried some Infected Mushroom and the Bass is there but nothing like my 'Sones or even the Legendary S500-z! I also found the Treble a bit piercing with some AC/DC tracks but that might just smooth out over time.

I should have picked up a few at $29 to pass along to friends and family as that was a screaming deal, they were getting scarce when I got mine.
At $49 they are still a great can for the price. Anything higher than that and I would have my reservations about getting them.

The Monoprice 10243 seems to be gathering steam here, it might be time to pick up a pair of those to be a new Budget-Fi contender.
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #350 of 3,060
I had to dig out the Monoprice 8323's, I forgot how great these sound.

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #352 of 3,060
Thanks tds101!
I had the Velour for the HFI-780's but didn't like them as much, now the 8323's have comfy velours and the 780's have HM5 pillows... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #353 of 3,060
Ksc75 w/hd414 dyed pads, recabled, sansa fuze, lod with silmic ii caps, Bh2 amp

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #355 of 3,060
Jul 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #357 of 3,060
We should have a contest. The best portable rig you can buy now on Amazon for under $75 with at least 16GB storage. No refurbs or used stuff allowed. We could have another contest best portable rig that can be assembled on Amazon now for under $100 with at least 32GB of storage. No refurbs or used stuff allowed. Perhaps we could also have contests with a $125 limit and a $150 limit. Let's see what people come up with.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #358 of 3,060
We should have a contest. The best portable rig you can buy now on Amazon for under $75 with at least 16GB storage. No refurbs or used stuff allowed. We could have another contest best portable rig that can be assembled on Amazon now for under $100 with at least 32GB of storage. No refurbs or used stuff allowed. Perhaps we could also have contests with a $125 limit and a $150 limit. Let's see what people come up with.

A lot of clips, fuzes, ksc75,portapro, vsonics

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #359 of 3,060

A sponsored contest with prize for most creative setup would certainly be cool!

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #360 of 3,060
Quote:

So, who decides which one is best? 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back