Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Nov 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #1,921 of 3,060
  how is the kogan compared to a sansa fuze (if you have tried one)? My nx1 & JDS labs ultra short cable are on its way. can't wait to try it with my Havi :D

i have both the Fuze and the Zip. to my ears, the Kogan easily outperforms both in the highs department. more sparkly, more separation. better soundstage height. the mids are just a bit more pronounced. but the Zip and Fuze edges out on the bass department, better bass body, more impact. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,922 of 3,060
Clip+ vs Kogan is not even a contest. I've given my clip away

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #1,923 of 3,060
Clip+ vs Kogan is not even a contest. I've given my clip away

Not having looked into a Kogan here stateside are they as cheap as the Clip's and can we purchase these where/here in the US? I sure like the look over the Clip
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #1,924 of 3,060
Not having looked into a Kogan here stateside are they as cheap as the Clip's and can we purchase these where/here in the US? I sure like the look over the Clip:wink:

They were $29 AUD so about $25USD delivered so very cheap. But were never available outside of Australia unfortunately so finally there's something we have lol. They're also out of stock. I just bought them to try as a throw away thing but couldnt throw them away

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #1,925 of 3,060
They were $29 AUD so about $25USD delivered so very cheap. But were never available outside of Australia unfortunately so finally there's something we have lol. They're also out of stock. I just bought them to try as a throw away thing but couldnt throw them away

Hoarding them all for yourselves eh
blink.gif
 LOL Be interested in trying one if I ever get the chance. Price is for sure right
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,926 of 3,060

Budget bass head rig

May I ask you , which IEM are you using here ? I have a Kogan and find the bass bit lacking for my liking.  Tried to pair Havi B3 with the Kogan and didnt like it at all . At the moment , I am using JVC HAFX101 and not very satified. Have ordered a Xiaomi Piston 2, which will be delivered early next week. Hopefully it will pair nicely with Kogan ..

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,927 of 3,060
May I ask you , which IEM are you using here ? I have a Kogan and find the bass bit lacking for my liking.  Tried to pair Havi B3 with the Kogan and didnt like it at all . At the moment , I am using JVC HAFX101 and not very satified. Have ordered a Xiaomi Piston 2, which will be delivered early next week. Hopefully it will pair nicely with Kogan ..

It's tekfusion twinwoofers. I'm on the tour. It's the bassiesst IEMs I've ever heard so works well with the Kogan

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #1,929 of 3,060
If you can't buy the Kogan. Doesn't that make it invalid for the rules of this thread. 

Originally Posted by TrollDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. All portable rigs posted here should have a TOTAL price of less than $200 that anyone can buy for the same price anytime. (Amazon, eBay etc...)

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #1,930 of 3,060
  If you can't buy the Kogan. Doesn't that make it invalid for the rules of this thread. 

I am not going to split hairs. That second part was added because of the people posting expensive gear they obtained for a steal and part 1a was created.

1a. If you picked it up from some guy on the corner for $50 but you KNOW it's worth $500 then it does not belong in this thread the Used-Fi thread also linked below is the place to post your great deals!

If you really want to split hairs our brother @Onix can't purchase 95% of the product's in this thread and keep it within budget because of his location so that would make everything here invalid...

The Kogan is unfortunately Aussie Only at the moment, but that might change down the road.

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,931 of 3,060
Well as the thread goes if you (that goes even if only for Aussies) them it goes in this thread, Just because I can't get it here in the states does not mean it's not a budget player/system for those who can.

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,932 of 3,060
I think something that most of the planet cant buy is a little different from someone living in on the moon. I assumed the point of the rule was to give people on a budget what is possible. Not what is impossible.

I want one cant get one. Hugs loved Sansa Zip. I still love ya buddy.

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #1,933 of 3,060
If you really want to split hairs our brother @Onix can't purchase 95% of the product's in this thread and keep it within budget because of his location so that would make everything here invalid...

Oi, thank you for reminding me. Now I feel like criying. But that's true. Most of the stuff within 200 dollars usually costs me up to three times more due to import costs and sometimes the desire of some local distros to make an extra buck (I believe they have the right to do so, by the way). My Colorfly C3, for example, costs around 300 dollars here, while it seems that in the rest of the universe it retails for less than a 100. And that's only when I can actually find the products here. Even when I am buying online the costs sometimes get inflated by taxes and things like that. Also, I would rather have the merchandise sent here using Fedex or UPS because I feel regular mail isn't safe enough. Call me paranoid, but I have gotten a few empty boxes in the mail in the past.

As for the Kogan player, I wouldn't be worried about it being available only for my Aussie friends. Remember, OZ is a magic place and sometimes magic spills from it. I hope it will appear, perhaps with a different name, in other places.

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,934 of 3,060
I can't get one either but it does not take away that it is a bargain budget rig for those lucky Aussies. I just thought these threads were based on whatever anyone in the world could get their rig for new retail, did not know we had to include the clause of who can and who can't!

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,935 of 3,060
Well, I kinda get Sparky's opinion coz this thread was kinda supposed to be about budget gear that anyone can get at the same price or at least most of the people. I personally don't dig too deep into different countries' pricing and stuff but for instance a clip zip is like $80-90 where I live. And a colorfly c3 is about $200 at the cheapest in Europe, so technically not many people can get a rig with the c3 on such a budget as the c3 on its own will blow that budget. And don't get me started on importing stuff and paying 20% VAT and additional customs' fees and charges on top. Same goes for rigs with mobile phones coz someone in US can post a rig with a phone which he got under 100 bucks while the same phone here costs $400-1000. For instance iphone 6 came out and 5s is 100 bucks in US on a contract - 5s got lowered to 750 bucks on a contract where I live.

I'm not complaining or anything - just saying that prices all over the world will always vary and the same goes for product availability, so it will never be possible for everyone in this thread to get the same stuff for the same amount of money. So we should be happy when someone else got a bargain product and shouldn't make a problem out of it. I personally m totally fine with anything on this thread aside from people showcasing expensive gifts that they got for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back