Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Sep 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #512 of 3,060

I'm posting this here for the following reason: Fiio X.3 was had for $160. KSC75s for $5! Total package including mid tier DAP, amp, DAC, and quality headphones for under $200.

Pretty high price to performance ratio given that a new iPod cost $200 or more.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #513 of 3,060

I'm posting this here for the following reason: Fiio X.3 was had for $160. KSC75s for $5! Total package including mid tier DAP, amp, DAC, and quality headphones for under $200.

Pretty high price to performance ratio given that a new iPod cost $200 or more.

Nice! I need me an X3!

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #514 of 3,060
I know we had this debate before and budget means different things to different people but there are lots of other places where people can post pics of $1500 IEMs. It's just so obviously out of place here and will ruin the thread by making it no different than every other rich kid's playground thread you ever saw, and there is no shortage of those here.

+1 Read and Heed!

Silly Ozzies want to spoil everyones fun with their BroMance pictures... 
tongue_smile.gif

Here is another Amazing Porta Pro pic with the equally Amazing C3...

Taken from the deck at work when the power was out. :)
beerchug.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #515 of 3,060
Thanks TrollDragon :)

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the Letter of the Budget-Fi beast, for it is the Letter of a Man: His Letter is 'R'. R is not for Rich kids. R is for Rejected, Refurbished, Repacked, Really cheap, gratefully Received and Rightfully in the Budget-Fi thread:

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #516 of 3,060
Thanks TrollDragon
smily_headphones1.gif

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the Letter of the Budget-Fi beast, for it is the Letter of a Man: His Letter is 'R'. R is not for Rich kids. R is for Rejected, Refurbished, Repacked, Really cheap, gratefully Received and Rightfully in the Budget-Fi thread:

Interesting...mine has more than just the letter "R".

I don't know where it was purchased from originally....the the word "refurb" is etched right into the player......I can't tell if the "R" is like that on yours or not.

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #517 of 3,060
Yes mine is etched or stamped but very neatly indeed, dead centre and perfectly aligned and looking as good as if it was manufactured like that. The paper receipt shows the player passed through freeflow dot com, a company SanDisk uses as its refurb channel, at least here in UK. I got mine from an ebay UK seller, ITstor, who has Sansa refurbs at good prices. The prices vary a little but the Fuze+ are always the lowest, I guess lots of people truly hate them with the OF and send them back as faulty. I can't complain as I am really happy with the Rockboxed Fuze+. Finally after about 8 years something has displaced the iRiver H140 as my favourite player with IEMs and I'm amazed because it's the cheapest and least regarded player I have ever bought (except some unbranded generics).

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #520 of 3,060
Sep 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #521 of 3,060

The earphones may be budget-fi, but the DX50 really is not. 
wink.gif

No it is! DX50 may not scream much with $239, but when you start adding your first iPod purchase then Clip+ then moving to Cowon players, then to Colorfly, you have already spent more than what you call budget, so it is better to start and stop with DX50, this way it is likely to stay budget-fi!

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #522 of 3,060
  No it is! DX50 may not scream much with $239, but when you start adding your first iPod purchase then Clip+ then moving to Cowon players, then to Colorfly, you have already spent more than what you call budget, so it is better to start and stop with DX50, this way it is likely to stay budget-fi!

Ah but you miss the point. It's not how much you've spent on all your rigs it's how much you spent to put a budget rig together. $200 is about the limit. Your rig is significantly over that price point by @ $70 (I'm including the shipping cost of the DX50).

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #523 of 3,060
I agree. I didn't say anything before because I've done so twice and it gets boring and also being the first to say anything several times makes it look like a personal issue, which it isn't. But if your player or 'phones cost several hundred dollars (or even thousands in some cases lately) it doesn't become a budget player because you found some $10 buds or accessory for the pic, and it makes no sense at all to compare the cost of one player with the cumulative cost of several, that is simply disingenuous.

If anyone feels it is really witty to pair an expensive product with a very cheap one and post a pic then can I suggest they enjoy that same joke in one of the expensive gear threads? It's the same premise and joke but rich people have better everything and that includes a better sense of humour than the rest of us so you will all have big laughs and make new rich friends too, instead of having us ghastly not-rich people wish you would go bother someone else.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #524 of 3,060
If anyone feels it is really witty to pair an expensive product with a very cheap one and post a pic then can I suggest they enjoy that same joke in one of the expensive gear threads? It's the same premise and joke but rich people have better everything and that includes a better sense of humour than the rest of us so you will all have big laughs and make new rich friends too, instead of having us ghastly not-rich people wish you would go bother someone else.

Hahaha, love it.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #525 of 3,060
Anyway, getting this thread back to budget-fi -

Borrowed the MEElectronics M6-CLs from my friend, he got them for 20$. I liked how comfortable they were with the single flanges, especially with my Sony Hybrids. Had a tough time with Bi-Tri flanges though. Trying to make them fit was tough, and the left one had a bit of driver flex. SQ is quite good for 20$ but they have sibilance. Sufficed it by using EQ and tuning them down around the 6khz mark (needed constant EQ-ing song after song sadly). I'm used to my SRH440 so yeah IEMs aren't really my thing. I'm happy I tried these out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back