Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #2,972 of 3,060
Sony Walkman NWZ-A865 & Shure SE215 Wireless (Special Edition). The Walkman which is the 16GB model retailed for $199.00 when brand new in 2011/2012 and the SE215s currently retail for $149.00. This is an amazing pair once you burn-in the SE215s, they get noticeably louder after about 9-12 hours of listening time, sound quality is outstanding!

Fantastic DAP - a definite high point in recent Sony players. sold mine an age ago but have fond memories. Stupidly bought a Japan import with no English support but it was a great mix of portability, power and SQ.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2,973 of 3,060
Fantastic DAP - a definite high point in recent Sony players. sold mine an age ago but have fond memories. Stupidly bought a Japan import with no English support but it was a great mix of portability, power and SQ.

copy.png
I have a pretty crazy story about mine, it's kinda long lol. I originally got interested and started doing research about getting a DAP back in November of 2011. I just wanted a way to get back to the roots of listening to music on a device that you can ONLY listen to music on to become fully immersed without the distractions of an email, facebook notification, etc. on my smartphone. I almost got a 1st Gen Zune 30 because I thought they looked cool, as I did more research I decided I would focus on the sound quality more than anything. I looked at a lot of different players and reviews and ultimately decided on a walkman, then I ended up getting a black A865 for Christmas of 2011. I had it for about a month before I sent it back and used the money for a computer I wanted at the time, about 7 months later I ordered a white A865 from eBay in September 2012. I used the white A865 for a little over a year before I ended up pawning it November 2013 three hours away in Elizabethtown Kentucky while visiting a friend. Almost two years later in September 2015 I said what the heck and called the pawn shop to see if it was still there. I figured nobody would really know or appreciate what it is because everyone has their smartphones and the kids that want an mp3 player 99% of the time want a iPod, most people aren’t checking for Walkmans. When I called the pawn shop the owner said it was still there so I drove the three hours there to get it and three hours back and it was well worth it because I still use it almost everyday now.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2,981 of 3,060
Correct. I was in an electronics store and walked past it on clearance while on my way to the till!

You can't even find these things on the shelves in the U.S. I think Best Buy still sells the Walkman NW-E393 but that is it.

Also I like how your Walkman perfectly matches the color of your headphones, looks like it was meant to be :ok_hand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back