Pictures of people wearing ATH-W100's?
Sep 5, 2002 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pikawel

500+ Head-Fier
Heh, I'm stalking Tomcat now that I've infiltrated the audiophile realm. Seriously though, I need to see what these look like on someone's head, preferably human. I -will- be wearing these to work and I have to make sure I don't look like a -complete- dumbass. From the pictures I've seen, I think they look great. However, as a piece of headgear... ehhh, I don't know. I suppose if all else fails I'll get a pair of A9X's or maybe just DT-770's, heh. Those AT's just look flashy though.

If anyone is interested, I'll be thankful! I'd post a picture of myself wearing my Grado SR-80 (yeah, I'm a real badass) but I'm too poor to afford a digital camera.

Sep 5, 2002 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 9
Hey, thanks a lot for the welcoming. This forum seems much more popular than HeadWize and while I'll still post there, I think I'll make another home here!

Thanks also for the pictures. If anyone has or wants to take a nice front and side portrait kind of shot, that would be way too cool. If I'mma drop $300 plus on a pair of phones, I can't look like a fool in an open workroom with 500 people :p

-Ash

Sep 5, 2002 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 9
eek.gif
OMG I always thought kelly was a racoon with an expensive addiction on headphones! apparently not!

Sep 5, 2002 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 9
Aaaarrgh! Stalkers!
biggrin.gif

pikawel,

The following is a post from Matt, a Head-Fier and former W100-owner (who - inexplicably
wink.gif
- went electrostatic):

Quote:

The sexiest I've ever felt...
...was while wearing W100s. On, off, it doesn't matter: those are some beautiful, good-looking headphones. But I guess in this case, as ever, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

- Sir Mister Matt

p.s. but jeez! they're dead sexy.

The W100 is bigger than the DT 770 Pro, but about the same size as the ATH-A9X. Think of the W100 as a fashion statement. I bet it can be used to attract female colleagues...
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 9
Tomcat, you ever take 'em out? I'm not going to be walking around with them on. Just wearing them at work and up to twelve hours at a time, I may add, during Christmas. As long as the comfort is there and they're not too horrendous looking to co-workers, they're mine!

Sep 6, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 9
The comfort is definetly there. I can barely tell that I'm wearing headphones on. They are definetly designed for marathon listening.

They are big, but they do look very smooth. You'll probably get a few looks the first day you wear them, but that is because they are rare.

I'm going to get up the courage and one day, I will take these things to the library and listen there.

Sep 7, 2002 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm not a vain person (as shown by my not-so-beautiful avatar), but I refused to have my pic taken with my W100s (now ken faiman's).

Sep 8, 2002 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 9
hee-hee. Jon, I think the W100s look and sound sweet. They sound quite a bit better than when you first sent them to me. I put them through some seriously loud break-in. Vocals and acoustic guitar sound SO good on these, and the bass gets better and better. I still want to try a pair of HD600s in the future, but for now, my closed-headphone needs are met... ignorance is bliss.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back