Pictures of my Silver DBSE cable
Sep 14, 2001 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jaskin

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Here are some pictures of my new Etymotics cable made my Daniel Pumphrey.
earphone.jpg

earclip.jpg
ampear.jpg

The cable is very well-made and solid.
Hope you've enjoyed the pictures.

Jason

Sep 14, 2001 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 10
Very nice. So is it pure silver, or just silver-coated? And has it improved the sound any?

Sep 14, 2001 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 10
Ooer. I want some solid silver Senn cables now!!!

Sep 15, 2001 at 10:38 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Ooer. I want some solid silver Senn cables now!!!

I'll second that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Has he done any Senn 600/580 cables?

They look well made. Have they improved the sound over the stock cables?

Sep 15, 2001 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 10
Those are gorgeous!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Has he done any Senn 600/580 cables?

I remember someone posting that they wanted to make some custom cables for their 600s, but could not find the plugs that Sennheiser uses that plug the cable into the headphones.

Sep 15, 2001 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 10
I've been thinking about extricating the connectors from my stock cord and using them to DIY a new silver cable... We'll see. Yet another thing on the stack...

Brian.

Sep 15, 2001 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 10
Yeah, I have the cable for HD580/HD600's practically done, except for the headphone connectors. The broken cable Voyager was donating got lost in the mail (damn US mail).

From Clou's site, the description of the Jaspis cables say they're using silver-plated copper wires with teflon insulation, braided, then shielded.

So what I got after braiding 3 sets of 22 gauge, stranded silver-plated copper wires with teflon insulation is the same kind of look as Daniel's cable. But to complete the Clou immitation, I fed the braided wires through a woven tubular copper shielding (I bought the last 9 feet or so from Mouser when I ordered it
eek.gif
, but that was late July), then put clear heatshrink insulation around that. I used a standard Radio Shack gold-plated 1/8" plug at one end of the cable. The other end remains to be completed if I can get some of those Sennheiser connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back