Pictures metaphoring the sound of your headphones
Jan 24, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #602 of 987

Quote:
^  Though I really love my HD650's, I would not compare it to electrostats... But I imagine the fireplace and interior is the key here, not the Marin Logan speakers

Speaker for speaker, the horn tweeter on the Klipsch speakers I have posted represents the forward and detailed sound of the SR325is.  The Martin Logan Electromotion ESLs as well as the warm, fireplace heated interior in the picture represent the HD650's ability to warmly recreate the ambience and soundstage of the original recording, contrary to the background of the Klipsch speakers.  Also, the Martin Logan speakers in the second picture are very "sweet spot" specific speakers; if you're not in the sweet spot, they don't sound as good.  This mirrors the HD650s in that they put you into that perfect seat each and every time, whereas while the Grados may not recreate the mood of a recording as well and definitely don't put you into the "sweet spot" (or best seat in the house), they certainly get straight to the point much faster.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #604 of 987
I thought the HD650s were best represented by this:

I'm just kidding! I love my HD650s and don't think they're veiled. This is what I really think of the HD650s:

Sultry, dark, laid-back. Reproduces vocals nicely.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #606 of 987
HD800's to my ears, is pure sexiness.

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #609 of 987

Quote:
Well, I'd prefer the hd595 (according to the pics).

My point with the HD595 pic was that to me they have a certain grainy, unrefined texture to them. I haven't gone back to them from my HD650s but I'm inclined to agree. I can see why people love the HD650s and I'm not someone who wants a headphone to reach out and punch me in the ear but they just lack too much involvement for me. Worth buying for the experience, but they will likely end up for sale in the next few weeks. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #612 of 987
Not sure, but the HE-6 is - this:

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #613 of 987
Grado, after 10 years of continuous high volume listening:

lol, I love my SR325is, but at the volumes I listen I do have to question where my hearing will be in 10 years.... 
popcorn.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #614 of 987

Quote:
Grado, after 10 years of continuous high volume listening:

lol, I love my SR325is, but at the volumes I listen I do have to question where my hearing will be in 10 years.... 
popcorn.gif

I always listen at 20 or 30% vol.You feel the music just the same and of course listen longer.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #615 of 987

Quote:
I always listen at 20 or 30% vol.You feel the music just the same and of course listen longer.

Personally, I don't 'feel the music the same' at all. It's only when I go to the >80% of comfortable volume that the music really comes alive most of the time. I don't sustain this volume for long but for the time I spend there, it's awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back