[Pictorial] FiiO X5's HS9 leather case and HS6 Stacking Kit for Amp
May 11, 2014 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ClieOS

IEM Reviewer Extraordinaire
Here are some picture of the FiiO X5's HS9 and HS6 kit I got from Taobao:

X5A-01.jpg

X5A-02.jpg

Though it says leather on the packaging, it really is more like pleather to me.

X5A-03.jpg

The camera flash does make the finishing looks a little worst then what it actually is in person. It is actually quite thin as well, doesn't add much balk even compared to the silicone case.

X5A-04.jpg

The volume rocker can still be accessed with the case closed.

X5A-05.jpg

Extra silicone band and rubber foot.

X5A-06.jpg

The included cable will be sold individually as L16 in the future. It uses Oyaide PCOCC-A wires with silver plated OFC shield. Below is the Oyaide HPC-MSS cable as comparison..

X5A-07.jpg

As you can see, the whole thing is hot plastic molded on the inside, which should increase durability.

X5A-08.jpg

X5A-09.jpg

X5A-10.jpg

iFi Audio nano iCAN, which has about the same size as a Meier Audio Stepdance, is about as thick an amp as the kit will take. The silicone rubber band is surprising elastic, but even so it has its limit.

X5A-11.jpg

X5A-12.jpg

Leckerton Audio UHA-4 is about as short as the kit can take. Any shorter, one of the silicone band probably wont't catch it.

May 11, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 10
  can you try to combine the hs6 stack with hs9 leather case?

will they fit?

No. If you stack X5 with an amp, you will need a much bigger case.

May 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 10
Here are some picture of the FiiO X5's HS9 and HS6 kit I got from Taobao:

X5A-12.jpg

Leckerton Audio UHA-4 is about as short as the kit can take. Any shorter, one of the silicone band probably wont't catch it.

Can't you "cross" the rubber bands? (Top left to bottom right instead of top left to top right)

Also thanks for the pics. I really need to get me the stacking kit.

May 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #6 of 10
Can't you "cross" the rubber bands? (Top left to bottom right instead of top left to top right)

You can, but the rubber band will be pushed to its limit, similar to using a bigger amp like the iCAN. A short but thick amp won't work as well. It has to be fairly  slim, like UHA-4

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #8 of 10
  Sorry to revive the thread but can you stack the X5 with that kit while keeping it in its silicon case ?

I am worried of leaving the X5 unprotected.

Well, you can, sort of. The case will be twisted all around and I really won't recommend it. The better way to protect it is to get the case sticker that FiiO made for the X5. That way you can protect X5 from scratching and still use the stacking kit. Another way is to get the foam / hard case and put the stacked X5 + amp inside.

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 10
Jul 21, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back