Pics of UE customs
Jul 17, 2006 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 129

chelsea_hye

New Head-Fier
Hi All UE Custom Owners -

I'm contemplating a move to UE customs and was hoping to see pictures of others color / cord combo.

Can you post or send me a picture of your set?

Thanks

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 129
Here are mine (along with the rest of my portable rig):

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

and here is Garfield wearing some:

fixgar.jpg

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsea_hye
Wow all look amazing.

Monkey I didn't see the titanium as an option. Did you just specify it yourself?

Thanks for posting and congrats

If I remember correctly it's called 'liquid metal', and he specified it at the national meet where he won them. He made a thread on them when he got them, with more information in there though.

Jul 17, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #8 of 129
Quote:

Wow all look amazing.

Monkey I didn't see the titanium as an option. Did you just specify it yourself?

Thanks for posting and congrats

digitalmind is right, although UE does call them "titanium," almost in a tongue-in-cheek way.

Here's Mike Dias' (UE) explanation of the process:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...8&postcount=49

Jul 17, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #10 of 129
I am boring, I got clear and clear. You have seen that on the site.

Jul 17, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #11 of 129
Don't have a picture of mine, but they're indigo (dark blue w/ a bit of purple) - cool. I found a color table on the web, picked out what I wanted, and UE did the rest!

Jul 17, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #12 of 129
chelsea_hye, if you end up getting the custom molds, do take some time to come up with a design or unique color scheme. They can do almost anything, including etching or otherwise, er, pasting(?) a jpg that you come up with onto the earpiece. It's worth a call to UE to see just how many options there are.

Jul 17, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #13 of 129
Thanks.

I'm leaning toward UE5cs in a trans. blue with the "titanium" plate.

I've got to admit it's been a struggle not to go with the 10Pro but I think for the kind of music I listen to (electronic/r&b w/jazz and classical mixed in), my set up (primarily 5g ipod on the move) and my ear (more of a music enjoyer rather true audiophile) I'll enjoy the warmth of the 5cs over the 10s.

My only fear is I'm coming from sf5p. I hope there will be enough of an improvement to justify the cost.

Jul 18, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 129
Quote:

Thanks.

I'm leaning toward UE5cs in a trans. blue with the "titanium" plate.

I've got to admit it's been a struggle not to go with the 10Pro but I think for the kind of music I listen to (electronic/r&b w/jazz and classical mixed in), my set up (primarily 5g ipod on the move) and my ear (more of a music enjoyer rather true audiophile) I'll enjoy the warmth of the 5cs over the 10s.

My only fear is I'm coming from sf5p. I hope there will be enough of an improvement to justify the cost.

I could be wrong, but don't they use the same drivers?

Jul 18, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #15 of 129
Now look at what this thread made me do. I've contacted the dutch UE dealer with some questions about the UE-5c... been considering getting a pair for awhile now and this might've pushed me across the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back