Pics of the new touchscreen iPod???????
Feb 25, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
That last pic looks fake; the shadows look all wrong.

No way, its definitely real, and if you zoom right in, you can make out the second gunman on the grassy knoll!

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #17 of 37
The touch screen almost definitely comes from pdas. Making a virtual clickwheel isnt really revolutionary at all, the technology has been there for ages.

Look here,
http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_CLIE_PE...?autoplay=true

There has been some pdas like this that feature virtual writing areas that come and go whenever you need them. If anything, apple shouldnt have any problem engineering that into an ipod. Plus, take note that there are rumors that apple will re-enter the pda market. This rumor has been running parallel to the video ipod rumor but I think its the same device as the ipod music player, video player and pda organiser. I wouldnt be surprised if it comes with a stylus hidden in there somewhere.

IMO the designs up there, whether real or fake echo an identical theme and I do think it will come out shaped like a tiny imac with a chromed back.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #18 of 37
Even though they are fake, if Apple do release something like that real soon, I would instantly buy it.

Ive already sold my Nano and gone back to my old iRiver.

I just hope they improve the battery life signifigantly as that touch screen is going to drain the battery hard, and scratch proof.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #19 of 37
Yeah, even if it were real, with a screen that large, unless it is OLED it will have a battery life of like 30 minutes.

But oh what a nice screen it would be. I'm hoping they make it closest to 640x480 in resolution.

-Ed

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
But oh what a nice screen it would be. I'm hoping they make it closest to 640x480 in resolution.

-Ed

Cant be if its going to be widescreen.
icon10.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000
No way, its definitely real, and if you zoom right in, you can make out the second gunman on the grassy knoll!

Are you saying the iPod killed JFK?

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #22 of 37
^ oh brother...lol

Anyway, I meant the way the shadows on the newpaper were cast on the iPod.

But, after seeing that this is the same source as when the leaked photos of the 5G were released, I guess these pics are real.

However, my DS is enough touch-screening for me. If it has better sound quality, I'll think of getting it. I always want the latest tech things =P

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic
[size=medium]but it all boils down to this.[/size]

Nice find.

Nevertheless, I hope they make this. It will be a massive change from the previous models, but who doesn't like change? I trust Apple not to mess this one up... I deliberated held off on the 5G iPod specially because I heard this rumour of a fullscreen, touchscreen clickwheel 6G iPod. I hope my wait was not for nothing.

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #24 of 37
I can't wait for teusday, the anticipation is crazy. First the UE10's and then hopefully a new Ipod, I will be a happy head-fier

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #25 of 37
I always love having the latest gear, but I really don't know if this is a good idea. Think of how bad finger printing and scratching is as of now? Plus I don't ever watch movies on it unless I am on a plane so...

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
I always love having the latest gear, but I really don't know if this is a good idea. Think of how bad finger printing and scratching is as of now? Plus I don't ever watch movies on it unless I am on a plane so...

This is my point as well. I have a 5G and don't really use the video function that much. It primarily serves as an audio player. Unless Apple really dazzles me with this new iPod then I am waiting for the 7G.
icon10.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #28 of 37
OK.. that is SWEET! I love it... OK I got duped, too.. but I still love it..

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic
nothing too new but it's absolutely a fake, confirmed by the creator himself in this video he created, showing all the steps of what he did.

LOL! Great post. Thanks for that vid!
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #30 of 37
im still crossin my fingers for teusday though. I can only hope. I need a companion for the new UE10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back