Feb 24, 2006 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

headchange4u

500+ Head-Fier
From Gizmodo:

newipodmaybe.jpg

Pics from the Apple patent documentation:

touchscreen1.gif

touchscreen2.gif

I hope they do something about the screen scratching. The top pic looks a lot like the leaked 5G video iPod pics. I guess we will know Tuesday!

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 37
I hope you're right about the announcement on Tues. I can't wait, I'm definitely getting one!

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 37
I know the pics from the patent docs are real. The other photos may be fake, but I bet they are still a fairly acurate portrail of what a touchscreen iPod will look like, if one ever really surfaces.

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 37
lol Ok, I can even do the first picture although I'm not an artist proficient with photoshop. That one is fake for sure; there is no point repeating the menu 3 times on the screen.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by dskywalker
lol Ok, I can even do the first picture although I'm not an artist proficient with photoshop. That one is fake for sure; there is no point repeating the menu 3 times on the screen.

Are you talking about the patent docs? I'm pretty sure those are the real deal.

EDIT:
I see what you are talking about. Nevermind.

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #12 of 37
All I can say as the post above does is that screen protectors will be awfully popular with such an iPod. But the fake site has a very good point. The first thing I noticed with the original colour bar picture was the chinese writing which looked drawn rather than written.

Feb 24, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by dskywalker

oh yeah, they're all fakes, first one with repeating menus, second one is just actually a picture of a 5g ipod with the screen extended, and the last one is obvious in the shadowin among other things.

Feb 24, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #14 of 37
I'd be hugely impressed (even for apple) if they managed to pull something off like this and still maintain the ease of use of the current ipods. Touch screen technology in my experience is usually poorly implemented or just a pain in the backside to use. It only seems to work when the screen is big and stationary. Otherwise you'll need a stylus or something which seems kinda awkward for an mp3 player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back