Pics of my new Conrad-johnson amp and new system!!!
Oct 19, 2002 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

stuartr

Loyal member of Team Useful Post.
Please bow before these pictures. I was so excited that I had to create a webpage to host them. I have never made a web page in my life, so it took me a little while to do it. It really sucks, but I have only put it up to post the pics. Here it is:
Stuart's Web of Intrigue and Desire

The flashy title cannot make up for its retardedness, but it can sure as hell try.
I seemed to have created it so that I cannot directly imbed the pictures here, but I will work on it. Forgive my ineptitude, I have "0" experience in html. Nevertheless, open the link, and be in awe...

Oct 19, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 27
Nice pics.

BTW, that is one huge tree behind that window.
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 27
Thanks guys,
The amp is fantastic so far. The cdp is a California Audio Labs Icon Mark II, and the speakers are a/d/s CM7's. They are from when a/d/s was serious about their non-car audio design.

As for the tree....it is enormous...about 5-7 feet wide. It drops a constant barrage of figs on my porch.

Oct 19, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 27
stuart,

nice man! welcome to the happiness of cj ownership
wink.gif

i'm a huge fan of the cav-50, when i had my audition of it i found i prefered the sovtek el34 to sylvanias because of their better control of the bottom end while keeping the midrange that makes cj special (don't judge sovtek on the 6922 alone, they make good tubes elsewhere in their line). let me know if i can pass along any experiences or help.

best,
carlo.

Oct 19, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 27
Oooooo, nice! Congrats.

But I think Dmitri would want you listening with vinyl and x-psu and x-lps to match the x-can! His string quartets in particular sound better on vinyl, IMO.

Oct 19, 2002 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 27
OMG, that tree is nightmarish!

Nice pics of tube gear -- you got me licking the screen again (I gotta quit that).

Oct 19, 2002 at 7:30 AM Post #9 of 27
Something about the phrase 'you better check your ass before you be steppin'' and stuartr seem incompatible. Maybe it's just me.

And that tree is rather large -- by the way, the most pertinent theological question of our time deals with Jesus and his damnation of the fig tree -- can you offer any insight?

kerely

Oct 19, 2002 at 8:06 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Something about the phrase 'you better check your ass before you be steppin'' and stuartr seem incompatible. Maybe it's just me.

Just because I am a 5'5" waspy academic don't mean I won't lay you out...If you are not careful, I'll smack you upside the head with my Shorter OED, while not the full 24 volumes, it will still spill out your brains faster than you can look up "nasturitium".

As for the tubes, the EL34s are not Sovtek per se...they are electa harmonix, which I think are American manufactured by Sovtek. The 12AU7 says Yugoslavia, and that is it, while the 6SN7's say Made in Russia, but that is it. They have the abbreviation "OTK" on them, which is probably an abbreviation for the Russian factory that they came from...The stamp looks like many others I have seen on everything from notebooks to milk cartons, so I am pretty sure it is a factory stamp.

As for the tree...it certainly is from hell...I like it, but it has actually been slowly lifting the house off its foundation...the landlord had to bolt the place down. The tree covers three houses, and drops more dust, leaves, twigs and figs than anything I have ever seen. Jesus, the gardener/carpenter and local handyman, comes and cleans up every week or so, so I will ask him your question. He certainly swears at the tree each time he comes here, and nobody messes with the Jesus, so there's got to be something there...

Oct 19, 2002 at 2:26 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
By the way, what did you decide on pigmode?

I settled on the Quicksilver Mini Mite (tube monoblocs). But that was last Jan. It has since been thrown out in favor of a Fi X 2A3 SET intergrated and the Galante Rhapsody loudspeaker.

As a card carrying Homer afficionado I have a predilection for figs, fig trees, and women with mouths shaped like a freshly cut fig.

Oct 19, 2002 at 3:47 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Hmmm, when I try to view the pics, this all I see...

Blank%20Page%201.htm

confused.gif

Same here...damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back