Pics of my beloved COMBO!!!
Sep 1, 2001 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mariowar

500+ Head-Fier
This is my beloved HOme-Portable combo....who said that an Hybrid combo is not possible?

Grados SR325
Headroom Little More Power
Panasonic SL-SW870
Sony MDR-G82LP
Discwasher 96 cds wallet (restored)

Sorry about the quality, but I had to compress it to fill the attachment size requirements...... you can see the original higher quality pics in the Headwize Electronics forum......

Sep 2, 2001 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 14
Maybe portable as in, small and light enough to be carried to different homes or whatever, then used there? Nice carrying case, though.

Sep 2, 2001 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 14
Um, guys, he DID say it was a hybrid combo. Reread his first sentence....
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2001 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 14
Yes, what I meant with hybrid was that I could use it portable and home........The Little More power is really nice looking but a the whole bunch of cables (the mini to rca, the power chord from the amp to the More Supply, and the one that goes from the More Suplly to the wall) are a little messy......that's why I did this...so I'm able to take it to anywhere in my home and easily plug it to the wall, without having to deal with the amp, the power supply, the headphones and the discman.

I know that most of you hate the Sonys but give me a break.....that's the only portable headphones I got and even though you might not believe they sound pretty good with the megabass on (tight bass), otherwise they sound lifeless, thin and flat. There's no way I can get Koss or Etys here, but I'll be moving to Texas soon.......

If anyone is interested in getting the original pictures NOT the compressed ones you just saw.....e mail me and I'd be glad to send it to you....

Sep 2, 2001 at 5:09 AM Post #8 of 14
Moving to Texas, eh? That should help you with your "disease" I mean hobby...
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2001 at 2:41 PM Post #12 of 14
Neruda: He probably prefers walking around with his light Sonys than Grados (bulky cord, etc.). However, in the looks department, I think black Grados are STYLISH - I want an SR-60/80/125/225/325 black quite badly....but....only for looks. Haven't heard them yet
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2001 at 5:41 PM Post #13 of 14
Man, I think that a silver 325 would be the coolest damn thing for portable use....

Sep 2, 2001 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 14
You can actually see the original (better quality) pictures of my set up in the Electronic forum of Headwize!!!

By the way, just in case, I used the original foam that came in the box with the Grados and I glue it to the case, so they fit snugly.....
sorry for the picture's quality again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back