Pico or tomahawk?
Oct 19, 2008 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chef8489

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I have used the tomahawk in the past , but was never able to accept the pico so I can not make a comparason. In your opinion what are positives and negatives about both? I listen to mostly rock and alternative. Female fronted bands. I am looking at taking full advantages of the ue-11 pro.

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I have used the tomahawk in the past , but was never able to accept the pico so I can not make a comparason. In your opinion what are positives and negatives about both? I listen to mostly rock and alternative. Female fronted bands. I am looking at taking full advantages of the ue-11 pro.

I own both. For purposes of this conversation I'll refer only to the Pico amp and not the DAC. IMHO the Pico is the far superior of the two amps. The sound stage is much larger in terms of both the horizontal as well as the vertical. The vertical sound stage is particularly noticable. I found the sound stage for the tomahawk to be narrow and very limited in the vertical. I find that the highs sparkle with the pico, without any fatigue. The base on the Pico is much faster, and has a punchier base. It's not a contest at least to my ears. The UE-11's in particular shine with the Pico vs. the Thawk. I'm sure others may have a difference of opinion and that's what makes this hobby so interesting.

Hope this answers your question.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back