Pico or Predator for ER4P/S?
Nov 3, 2008 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm still undecided by the 2 amps, seems to me that the Headamp website is down. I still can't access it without error 404.

Anyone with some experience care to share about the 2 different Amps? I'll be using it with the ER4P/S.

Or anything else I have to look out for.

Regards.

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 18
Dude have you searched at all?

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 18
As far as time wait, I have read that is a few months for the Pico and the Predator is available now. As far as sound, well there are many opinions and needs and desires. You will find many of those opinions here in these threads.

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 18
All RSA amps have a signature sound which I can't thoroughly describe.. And I've yet to fully try the Predator..
But if the Predator does have the same signature sound as the Tomahawk and Hornet.. Out of personal preference I'd choose the Pico for ER4S. The ER4P/S are well known for being quite flat and that's their signature sound. The Pico just adds a tad of musicality which I think the Etys need whereas the RSA signature sound changes it to a totally different beast which IMHO, doesn't sound too great with the Etys because it kills the ER4P/S' signature sound. The UE triple.fi's go well with RSA's signature sound. But just not the Etymotics.

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #7 of 18
Hi Zephyr,

Thanks for your input. I will keep that in mind and give it afew more days to try hunt around for someone with a Pico to let me try them out. Which is quite a feat.

Regards.

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 18
A lot of websites aren't working for me today, including the Headamp website.
tongue.gif
I suppose some hosting servers are either a) going under maintenance or b) forgot to pay their bills
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by palestofwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Sorry to add, but is anyone else experiencing an Error with the Headamp website? I can't seem to access it.

Thanks.

I just tried it. No luck. Something about shared IP.

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Hi,

I think there is a thread that accepts orders for the Pico from Justin. How long at Average will one receive the amp?

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as time wait, I have read that is a few months for the Pico and the Predator is available now. As far as sound, well there are many opinions and needs and desires. You will find many of those opinions here in these threads.

ph34r.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Hi,

I think there is a thread that accepts orders for the Pico from Justin. How long at Average will one receive the amp?

Regards.

Unknown. Lol. But from the current trend I've been looking at.. Around 4 months would be the longest waiting period. I could be wrong. Why don't you post and ask Justin at the Pico thread.

EDIT: Dangit! Been answered by the man himself.
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #15 of 18
I have both amps and the ER4P, but have not tried the amps with the ER4P yet. I will have a listen hopefully tonight and report back.

I must warn you, though...I'm no expert.
regular_smile .gif

Will you be using the DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back