Physical equipment for AB testing
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 7
Without more information: Nobsound 3-IN-1-OUT (or the other way around). It works very well, I use it regularly as switch between my dac and the amps but you can adapter it to AB different DACs or headphone amps.

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 7
Amazon has lots of switch boxes. It depends on what kind of inputs you are looking for. Shouldn't cost more than $50

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 7
I compare every piece of equipment I buy against my control sample. That way, I can return things once the return window ends. Never had to return anything though. Everything I’ve bought, from $40 Walmart players to $1400 high dnd headphone amps have all been audibly transparent. It all sounds the same— perfect.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 7
I compare every piece of equipment I buy against my control sample. That way, I can return things once the return window ends. Never had to return anything though. Everything I’ve bought, from $40 Walmart players to $1400 high dnd headphone amps have all been audibly transparent. It all sounds the same— perfect.
Wait so your $40 and $1400 gear sounds the same and you still kept them all.. For features?

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Yes. With electronic components features, build quality, and convenience and compatibility are the reasons to buy, not so much sound quality. I test not to compare quality, but to identify defective units before the return window expires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back