Photoshop Question.
Oct 22, 2002 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
I have 2 photos that overlap (partly) in photoshop (using PS7), I want the overlapped area only to be semi transparent on both photos, but not on the non-over lapping part. If you get what I mean, tried fiddling with the bending options but it changed the opacity of the whole photo rather then just the overlapping area.

Anyone know how to do this?

Oct 22, 2002 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 4
i think you'd have to split the parts up. make the overlapping pays on separate layers and do it that way. i believe there are options in the layers window for that kind of thing.

sorry, i don't have photoshop here at work and i am not a super professional with it. i tried though.
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 4
I too do not have it at work but at home. I think Grinch is right though work with them as separate layers.

Oct 22, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 4
If I understand you correctly I think Grinch has the right idea. Copy the two layers. On two of the layers delete the overlapping area you want to vary the opacity of. On the other two layers delete the opposite area that you want to leave solid. This way you can vary the opacity in the overlapping area without affecting the other.

Hope that helped.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back