1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Photoshop Alternetives

Next

Last
  1. DJ Mauler
    as the title says looking for an alternetive to PS mainly because i dont have nor would i spend 600 bucks.

doesnt need to have EVERYTHING photoshop has but almost... any second rate or what programs you guys can personally recomend?

i can just go Download this sucker but id rather buy it and have a real copy.

then just cracking it for a serial number

thanks in advance

2. slwiser Contributor
    How about ULEADs PhotoImpact, have you checked this out?

www.ulead.com

3. incognitoedleon
  4. rsabo
  5. catachresis
  6. 003
    The Gimp, paint shop pro

7. michaelconnor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rsabo
    the GIMP

http://www.gimp.org

it's free, too

Go with the GIMP.
    It's pretty close to PS, and just a simple download away.

8. jagorev
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rsabo
    the GIMP

http://www.gimp.org

it's free, too

Seconded. The GIMP is very capable, and does most things that Photoshop does, but with a crappier interface.

9. DJ Mauler
    okay im gonna try Gimp fist becaue i can dl it and its free then gonna try some of the others that was listed

10. jbloudg20
    Gimp

11. dj_mocok
    Photoshop Elements is quite cheap right. Should be enough for basic use.

12. Gabe Logan
    Elements and Gimp are what you have to work with if you want something free or low price.

I applaud you on not downloading it and cracking it as soo many do.

13. 003
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan

[​IMG]

14. donovansmith Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
    Seconded. The GIMP is very capable, and does most things that Photoshop does, but with a crappier interface.

I actually find the interface to be just fine on the GIMP, but then again I never really used PhotoShop much (last time I really used it was 1996) and have been using the GIMP since 1999 so I'm used to it by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
    Elements and Gimp are what you have to work with if you want something free or low price.

I've tried one of the "sharewarez" copies a few years back and absolutely hated it and promptly deleted it. I wouldn't use PhotoShop even if it was free, let alone consider paying for it. Then again, I do only need RGB editing and not CMYK editing for print use, so something like the GIMP is fine for me. And if I did need CMYK, I'd rather deal with the GIMP's limits in that area than deal with PhotoShop's horrid interface.

15. Uncle Erik Contributor
    Get the GIMP. Just about as good as Photoshop and it is free/open source. And take a look here:

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

There are some nice tutorials to help you learn it, too.

Next

Last