Photographers: Which photo manager/viewer do you use?
Feb 26, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #31 of 45
Lightroom + Photoshop. Usually, just Lightroom though. It's brilliant for managing large photo libraries and handles RAWs wonderfully. Batch exporting/importing a lot of images can be a little on the slow side but it is very customisable.

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjsbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canon powershot SD750 to the max. it delivers performance when you need it, and excellent pictures when you want them. i use it for all my professional photoshoots

Well, that's a camera. While this thread is all about photo managers/viewers..
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main gripe with Lightroom is the proprietary way in which it manages files and creates the library (sort of like the iTunes database).

That's exactly why I don't use it. I loved the editing features (which by the way, are exactly all the same tools in Bridge 4.0) but I didn't like the whole library thing. I like my pictures in folders where I can easily find them.

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #36 of 45
How many shots will you PP on a regular basis? A couple at a time, or hundreds at a time?

After going digital I can shoot almost 1000 shots a day when I'm in the field shooting. Processing all that in PS CS4 would be time consuming, so I went with LightRoom 2. I now prefer it over PS, and do 99% of my PP work in LR now. Anything I can't do or fix in LR I simply port the photo over to PS and finish the work.

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #37 of 45
Any FREE photo viewers that let you view two photos (or more) at once? I want to compare edited/non edited photos simultaneously.

Mar 6, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly why I don't use it. I loved the editing features (which by the way, are exactly all the same tools in Bridge 4.0) but I didn't like the whole library thing. I like my pictures in folders where I can easily find them.

I'm not sure that I understand this statement.

Your pictures are still in folders where you can easily find them. Lightroom will leave your files exactly where you left them. If you decide that you don't want to use lightroom anymore you haven't lost all of your files and you don't have to do anything to get them back.

All the lightroom library does is keep track of all your files within the program so you can easily find what you are looking for.

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant?

Paul

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #42 of 45
Pretty setup. Does the desk stay this nice looking all the time? I have used acdc before.
Lightroom is my preferred. Non destructive editing, highly customizable, great presets available for photo adjusting plus whatever anybody else has said or will say.. Handles 50,000 pics without problem. Metadata filters enable you to find any pic rather easily. Lightroom with a Wacom tablet and dual screens is the rats' nuts. Some learning curve involved, but so rewarding in it's total functioning. I use ps4 with bridge seldom now, with Lightroom handling most editing, cataloguing tasks.

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by iszatso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty setup. Does the desk stay this nice looking all the time?

More or less, as long as I'm not eating or taking something apart. The dark color shows dust easy so I have to stay on top of it with a damp cloth 1/2 times a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back