Photo-Fi Japan
Jan 7, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #31 of 45
I mean an official headfi review, not a thread. Like: select from available stuff at headfi (own it, have it, review it) and then make a review with specified stars for sound quality, overall price, that sort of thing. http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/headphone-amplifiers/vorzuge this thing. I want to review the PURE II here.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #32 of 45
  I mean an official headfi review, not a thread. Like: select from available stuff at headfi (own it, have it, review it) and then make a review with specified stars for sound quality, overall price, that sort of thing. http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/headphone-amplifiers/vorzuge this thing. I want to review the PURE II here.

I think you need to add the new model to the head-fi first and then you can review it. Go to portable amp in "Head Gear" and click "add product" after finished those step you can start a review on the pure II.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #33 of 45
Sean: I ended up buying the Custom-SLR plate and sling rig. It's incredibly comfortable, so much so I don't know how I managed with a regular sling before.

Quote:
  I am thinking about selling off my micro4/3 stuff and getting that Sony RX10 for the video. I love that it has a great lens, 3 EV ND filter built in, optical IS, and external audio options (even XLR!) Doing all of that on my GH2 is such a hassle that I never do it...

Speaking of Micro 4/3rds stuff, I had my eye on that Blackmagic video camera that uses those lenses. Might be too much hassle for me though given you need 9mm to get 24mm equivalent with the small sensor it has and I'd have to learn to colour grade video.

Curra, my dear fellow, how does one make an entry for Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II? I made a review of it and wanted to put it up here (along with some photos to stay with the thread) but had to put it under PURE version I. I'd like to put it in its proper place. The review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/vorzuge-vorzamppure/reviews/10263

Did mtthefirst's comment help you? Let me know when you've managed to create it and post it.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #35 of 45
Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sean: I ended up buying the Custom-SLR plate and sling rig. It's incredibly comfortable, so much so I don't know how I managed with a regular sling before.

Speaking of Micro 4/3rds stuff, I had my eye on that Blackmagic video camera that uses those lenses. Might be too much hassle for me though given you need 9mm to get 24mm equivalent with the small sensor it has and I'd have to learn to colour grade video.

Did mtthefirst's comment help you? Let me know when you've managed to create it and post it.

OMG, I'm thinking of going the other way around. I've got the M-Plate pro and was thinking of just getting the M-Plate and regular sling (or at least the CustomSLR sling but not the swivel type) cos mine was driving me mad with the swivel.

I was looking at the Blackmagic too (the compact one) when I saw it's ability for wide contrast range (no more HDR :D) but it's really for video. Is that what you want to use it for? I think for photos it's only 2MP or something ridiculously low.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #36 of 45
  Curra: I tried. When I try to add a product it takes me to a search page whose results to not allow me to add anything. 

Enter in the product name and search. It will come up with a bunch of products. If none of them are an exact match, then click on "Add it manually" at the bottom. 

It's designed to prevent duplicates being entered.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #37 of 45
Too lazy to multi-quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG, I'm thinking of going the other way around. I've got the M-Plate pro and was thinking of just getting the M-Plate and regular sling (or at least the CustomSLR sling but not the swivel type) cos mine was driving me mad with the swivel.

I was looking at the Blackmagic too (the compact one) when I saw it's ability for wide contrast range (no more HDR :D) but it's really for video. Is that what you want to use it for? I think for photos it's only 2MP or something ridiculously low.

The Blackmagic is for proper video only, not images. I've decided it would be too much hassle unless I had a lot of time on my hands and was shooting a lot of video outside.

Is your D800 swinging around too much on the swivel? Maybe find something to loop between the hand grip and one of the straps on the swivel to stop it going too far? I mainly like how it allows the camera to hang upside down, which keeps it closest to the body. With it on a normal strap the lens sticks out and bumps into things.

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #38 of 45
Tamron had a cash back offer so I bought the 24-70mm. It's very sharp, as predicted, has nice bokeh and focusses fast, but has the annoying habit of completely un-focussing whenever the zoom is used, so zooming has to be going while zooming if trying to capture moving objects well, like my kids playing in the park.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #41 of 45
This is very cool. Antique lenses on a D800 with some clever adaptors:

http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~dspennem/photography/cameratopia/AntiqueCameraSimulator/AntiqueCameraSimulator.html

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #44 of 45
Nathan: Selling any glass? I might be interested...

I'm keeping the D800 for video. I don't lug around a camera that much, but I like having all the power when I do. Annoyingly NO stores had the X-Pro 1 when I drove around. I guess I'll have to head to the main store in the city to try it. I had a tiny Fujifilm camera years ago and it was pretty cool. Took some fantastic shots with it, despite it being only 4.3MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back